n i n e | ultrasounds and italian food

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

HS

Pulling up to Charlotte's flat on Wednesday afternoon, after sending her a text to let her know that he had arrived, Harry nervously taps his fingers on the wheel. His mind is still foggy from the date he had with Niall on Monday, and the fact that Niall wanted it to be a date.

He's over the moon.

And, they almost kissed.

They almost kissed.

He can't stop thinking about it, to say the least.

About him.

He's so bloody smitten and they've only met a handful of times, but it's enough. He can already feel himself falling far too deep and far too fast.

But before he can get lost in another thought about Niall, Charlotte is opening up the passenger side door to the car and pulling her safety belt over herself so they can get going.

"Hey, you ready for this?" Harry asks and she nods excitedly, her eyes shining. He can see how excited she is, and he actually loves getting to see her like this. He loves getting to see her so happy for once. When they knew each other before, she was always so scared, but now she's relaxed and happy and content.

He likes seeing her like this. He really likes know that she's comfortable now.

After a fifteen minute drive through the London streets, with mindless chatter, they pull into carpark of the doctor's office.

Harry, being the gentleman he is, opens the doors for Charlotte and allows her to lead the way because she knows where they're supposed to be, and he does not. After a twenty minute wait, that feels way longer for Charlotte because she just wants to get in and make sure everything is okay, they're called into the back by a nurse. The nurse just asks some routine questions, that Harry doesn't generally understand, and does a few things before she's leaving again, and leaving the two to wait for Charlotte's doctor.

Once the doctor comes into the room, Harry is doing his best to keep Charlotte calm, but he knows how Charlotte can get when she's nervous or excited - or both. He's simply standing on her side with his hand resting on the small of her back, and she sends him a grateful smile. Both know that no words need to be said in this moment.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Jones," The young lady who walks in says with a bright smile on her face, shaking Harry's hand as he introduces himself before she turns back to Charlotte, "Nice to see you again, Charlotte. How have you been feeling?"

"I've been good. The morning sickness is pretty much gone and I'm officially starting to show," She answers, her hand resting on her lower stomach.

"Well, this is the end of your first trimester, so that's going to start happening. You won't be able to find out the sex of your baby for another six or seven weeks, but when you come in for your next ultrasound, we should know more," Dr. Jones says with a wide smile, watching how Charlotte starts clapping and giggling with glee.

"I'm so excited! I hope it's a boy. I'm gonna name it after him if it is," Charlotte says and juts her thumb over her shoulder at Harry, who is standing back to give the two ladies room to chat. He doesn't wish to intrude.

"That's sweet," The doctor says, and Harry is surprised by the fact that she doesn't ask who the father is.

"I had Jones, here, for my first baby when I was sixteen," Charlotte tells Harry and he nods. He never went into the room for her appointments when she was living with him, his mother did that. He didn't want to risk making Charlotte feel uncomfortable. He knew enough of what had happened to her that he gave her the space needed. And plus, they were both teenagers. It wouldn't have been a comfortable thing for either of them to be there.