t w e n t y - t h r e e | going home and a baby

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

NH

When the time came to head back to London, Niall was both thrilled and terrified at the same time.

He loved being with all of his friends in Cheshire, but he was ready to go home. Or, Harry's home to be more specific. He's too afraid to go back to his own flat for fear of Damon popping up and causing trouble, because that's something Damon would definitely do.

He'd know when Niall would be home alone and he'd appear at the front door, and Niall wouldn't be able to get away. He'd be trapped with the devil.

But with spending his time at Harry's flat, and in Cheshire, he's been able to breathe a little easier. He hasn't heard from Damon in the weeks since he was attacked, and he doesn't have the money ready, but he still feels like he can breathe a little easier when he's away from it all.

Harry and Niall ended up staying in Cheshire for an extra week while everyone else left, which means they spent two entire weeks with Anne. Anne and Niall got on so well, and he finally feels as though he has a mother in his life again, and it filled a hole in his heart that he didn't even realize was there.

Niall sometimes wonders if his own mother would want him as he is, but he knows there's really no point in thinking like that because she's gone and dead. He doesn't want to get caught up too much in the past, he simply wants to look forward into the future.

His future with Harry.

That's always a happy thought.

"You ready to go?" Harry asks as they get into Harry's car. They've got all of their belongings packed up and in the vehicle, now they've just got to get on the road.

"I'm ready," Niall says a little nervously. Harry can see Niall's shaking hand, so he reaches across the centre console to hold it in his own.

"You'll be with me, I won't let anything happen to you," Harry quickly presses a kiss to Niall's cheek just to make him smile, and it works. When Niall's lips lift upwards, Harry grins so wide he thinks his cheeks may burst.

"I love you," Niall's smile grows a little wider and Harry blushes a little.

"I love you, too," Harry will never grow tired of hearing those words come from Niall, nor will he grow tired of saying them to him.

They share another kiss before Harry is putting the car into gear and pulling out onto the road.

"So, uh, I don't mean to pry or anything, but I'm prying," Niall starts and Harry chuckles.

"It's alright, I pry a lot, so it's only fair if you do some prying of your own."

"This is true, you're always prying into my life. Alright, so, your dad?" Niall asks, not needing any more words for Harry to understand.

"Out of the picture. My mum married my step-dad Robin years ago, but he died not long before you moved to town," Harry answers sadly and Niall can see how his demeanor changes ever so slightly. He holds the steering wheel a little tighter, holding it with just one hand, and his shoulders tense up a little.