e l e v e n | pining and painting

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

HS

Every single day in the week following their dinner date, Harry goes into Bloomsbury to try and talk to Niall.

And every single day Harry goes, Niall isn't there. By mid-week, Harry was beginning to grow worried, so he asked Liam if Niall had been attending his classes.

He had been.

It cut Harry to think that Niall may have been avoiding Bloomsbury because he knew Harry might show up, which in turn gave him more insecurities than confidence.

By the end of the week, Harry was officially panicked. He hadn't seen Niall in eight days, and they hadn't so much as had a single, genuine conversation, as Harry was too scared to text Niall first. He was scared that Niall would want nothing to do with him any more, and he wasn't entirely sure his message would even be accepted, nevertheless reciprocated.

But, on Friday afternoon, he had had enough of their lack of contact.

He's missed him so much.

To: Niall

Hey...I miss you. I'm sorry about last week. Can we meet up so I can explain in person?

He tried to keep it simple, not wanting to bother the boy any more than he already was, but he also was killing himself each day, waiting by his phone and willing it to go off despite the fact that it never did.

His phone buzzed not long after, alerting him to the fact that he has a message. His heart immediately jumps into his throat, praying that it's Niall.

From: Niall

sure

That's all it says.

Sure.

That's a good thing, right?

It's better than a no, that's definite.

But still, there's nothing else. What if it's a 'sure, but whatever was between us is over now' type of thing?

Harry's mind races, dread filling his bones as he panics about what future he may have left with the boy who has stolen his heart.

To: Niall

Whenever you're free works for me

He sends, letting Niall pick when they meet. He doesn't want to push it too far, and he doesn't want to risk Niall saying no, or that he can't do it. Maybe he doesn't actually want to meet Harry? That might crush him. It would most likely crush him if Niall didn't want to meet with him.

From: Niall

tomorrow at ten

To: Niall

Bloomsbury?

From: Niall

sure

To: Niall

Okie dokie, I'll be there

He keep staring at his phone, willing it to buzz again, but it stays quiet.

He hates himself for putting this distance between them. Up until last week, they had been fine. Granted, it hadn't been very long, but they had been happy and flirty and things were going well.