t w e n t y - n i n e | clues and a pair of sherlocks

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

NH

Niall is blindfolded in the boot of a vehicle, the bumps of the road beneath him jostling his body in the small, enclosed space.

If he hadn't been claustrophobic before, he sure as hell would be now.

He pulls his leg back as much as he can and attempts to kick what he hopes to be the taillight, having seen those movies or shows where someone is in the boot of a car and manages to kick it out and get help, but it's no use.

He doesn't even know which direction he's facing, nevertheless where the taillight is.

He feels the car beginning to turn.

Left.

A left turn.

He marks it down in his mind, wanting to remember it so desperately.

The car begins to make another turn, a right this time.

Left-right.

Left-right.

Left-right.

He repeats it in his mind like a mantra.

Another turn.

Left-right-right.

Left-right-right.

He has to remember it, he has to. He needs to find a way to get to Harry. He can only hope Harry is there when he gets home.

Rick is taking Niall back to the flat he shares with Harry and Liam so he can pack up his belongings of choice before officially moving into the whorehouse.

Niall has to live in a whorehouse again.

He can't believe he has to live in a whorehouse again.

Another turn

Left-right-right-left.

If he can leave a note or something, maybe Harry will find it and know what to do. Perhaps he could leave a clue? He just doesn't know what clue to leave. What could he leave in a few short minutes that would tell Harry that Niall has been kidnapped and forced back into prostitution?

Nevertheless telling him that one of his best friends is dead.

There's really nothing he can do, is there?

Another turn.

Left-right-right-left-right.

The car is suddenly coming to a stop and Niall can hear the door opening. He knows Rick is probably getting out, as they must have arrived.

Oh how Niall hopes that Harry is home.

He doesn't even know what time it is. If it's late enough, Harry and Liam will both be home, and they can save him.

Deep down, though, he knows Damon would never send him back to a flat where two people would be able to save him.

He knows that it must be empty, as much as he doesn't want it to be.

The boot is opened and Niall is hoisted up into Rick's arms, a grunt leaving the bigger man as he lifts a bound and blindfolded Niall.

He's set on his feet and prodded forward, only being allowed to remove the blindfold once he's inside the flat. As soon as Rick tells him it's okay to take it off, he's ripping the cloth off his face and breathing a sigh of relief at the familiar surroundings.