f o u r t e e n | seussical jr. and coming out

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

NH

Saturday Evening

"So?!" Louis demands the moment Niall steps back into his flat, nearly jumping out of his skin when Louis shouts. He had completely forgotten that they were waiting for him to come back broken hearted from his meeting with Harry that morning.

"Lou, give the boy some room to breathe," Nick immediately tries to soothe, being the levelheaded one he is, but Louis is slapping his hand away and narrowing his eyes in on Niall, demanding answers. Louis will not go down easily, and Niall knows he's in for quite the evening.

"No! He was gone all day without so much as a text to let us know that he was alive," Louis complains dramatically, in a very Louis fashion while Niall, once he's worked his heart back into a normal rhythm, pushes off of the door and begins to head deeper into his flat, but Louis is there to stop him, "Where were you?" He demands again and this time, the smile refuses to disappear from his face when he remembers that he was with Harry all day.

Harry.

His boyfriend.

"With Harry, remember?" Niall asks sarcastically, not missing the way Nick holds back a snicker as Louis groans.

"Well we waited for you to come back and need us but, lo and behold, you didn't! So explain! Now! What happened with Harry!"

"He is my boyfriend," Niall says slowly, grinning, his voice quiet as he fills with pure joy.

"What?!" Louis shouts, his face breaking into a massive grin, "Tell me everything!" He hooks his arm with Niall and pushes past Nick, the three heading into Niall's bedroom and scatter on the bed, both boys waiting for Niall to start talking.

"We met up and talked and went out for some food and then he took me roller skating because he said he wasn't ready to say goodbye to me just yet," Niall gets interrupted by the noises coming from Louis, "And when we were there we...well he'd fallen and wouldn't stand up when I tried to help him so he pulled me down and I landed right in front of him and he caught me, he's very smooth by the way, and then we were talking and I was complaining because I'm stupid and then he pulled me in closer and then we kissed," He gets cut off again by Louis' loud noises and cheering.

"What next what next!"

"We kissed for a few minutes, nothing inappropriate, Louis, don't look at me like that, and then we got up and skated around for a while but my head was fuzzy from kissing him and then when we sat down we were just talking and teasing and I called him Harold but he was all like 'that's not my name' and I was like 'well it is now' and then he asked if I was going to keep calling him that even if it wasn't his name and I told him I was.

"And he goes 'wow I'm dating a meanie' and then I was like 'we're dating?' and he was like 'if you want to be' and so I was like 'I want to be' and he smiled but then I said 'under one condition' and he was so cute, Lou, he looked so confused and worried for a second and then I continued and said 'I get to call you my boyfriend.'

"So yeah...he's my boyfriend. I have a boyfriend. It's Harry. Harry is my boyfriend," Niall rambles, his heart pounding and his face bright red but he's so happy he doesn't even care. Nick and Louis are clutching each other's hands as they listen intently to Niall tell the story, both overcome with so much joy at the sight of their best mate so happy.