t h i r t y | high tensions and night raids

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

HS

"That's everything we know," Liam finishes for them. The two have gone through and detailed everything they know about Damon from what Niall has told them. It didn't seem like it would be a lot, but the detectives, and the Chief, look like they have just been given access to a gold mine.

"You boys may have just cracked this case wide open. It's been cold for months, no tips or any new evidence coming forward, and it was starting to look like we were going to have to put it up for another day. But then, you two come in here and blow it open," Detective Porter says offhandedly as she scribbles notes down in the folder that contains everything they know about Damon and his prostitution ring.

"Are you going to raid the place or something?" Harry asks, "Niall is there, and he isn't safe. Damon tried to kill him once before, and has threatened him a number of times. His life is in danger, you have to get him out," Harry insists and the three officials nod.

"We're going to have to do some surveillance first because we need a court order before we can break down the door," Chief Taylor says and Harry huffs.

"How long will that take? I thought that if you had reasonable belief that a crime was being committed, you could just go in," Harry looks so distressed Liam has to set his hand on Harry's leg to calm him down a little.

"We can, but these rings are tricky. If we don't do absolutely everything above board and by the books, then they always manage to find a way to get back on the streets within a few days. They almost never have to pay for what they've done. If we get the court order and have surveilled evidence, photos, videos, eyewitness accounts, that sort of thing, then we are more likely to get a conviction.

"If we make even one mistake, it's all over. The more evidence we have, the better. It'll be a day, maybe two, before we can bust down the door and arrest everyone involved. Do you have any pictures of Niall?" Chief Taylor asks after he finishes explaining the details to Harry.

Harry pulls his phone out and opens the photos app before sliding it over, "Pretty much every picture is either of him, the two of us together, or him with our cats," Harry tells them, blushing a little. He just loves Niall so much, he can't help it.

"We'll find him," Detective Porter says, and Harry smiles, feeling a little breathless, "If you would like to go home, leave your contact information so we can reach you. If you would like to stay here, feel free, as long as you stay out of the way. Got it?" She asks and both boys agree, nodding their heads before they look to one another.

"We'll stay," They look back to her and say at the same time.

"Very well. If you want any food, call for the intern. He can run out and grab it for you," And with that, the two detectives and chief leave Harry and Liam to themselves.

"We need to call the others, they'll want to know what's happened," Liam thinks aloud and Harry nods, exhaustion beginning to overtake him. It's nearing midnight and, after a full day filled with worry, anxiety, heartbreak, and even more worry, he's exhausted, "Lay down on the sofa, I'll call them and wake you when they get here."

Harry is too tired to fight it so he just nods gratefully, laying down and closing his eyes.

He can only hope the world is a little less sad the next time he opens them.

~~~

"Harry...hey, Harry, wake up," Someone whispers, Harry's shoulder gently shaking as he begins to wake up.