t w e n t y - t w o | lake days and worrying ways

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

HS

The knocking on the door pulls both boys' attention from the film they were watching. Harry gets up to open the door and Niall remains curled up on the sofa.

"What's up motherfuckers!" Louis' voice carries from the entryway and into the lounge where Niall is still sitting.

Niall can't help the smile that makes its way to his face as he shakes his head in disbelief at his friend. Louis, Nick and Zayn all pile into the house, surprising Niall.

"Did you ride with them?" He asks Zayn, who nods, "I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

"Hey!" Louis looks so offended and Nick reflexively throws his arm around his boyfriend, pulling him back into his side.

"Lou, love, relax," He soothes. It works, but Louis is still glaring at Niall some.

"It was fine, I'm fine," Zayn answers, sitting on the empty spot beside Niall and throwing his arm around his best mate's shoulders. Harry comes back into the room and sits on his spot, Niall in the middle of a human sandwich, while Louis and Nick take a chair, Louis sitting on top of Nick's lap.

"My mum should be home soon, she's out running errands," Harry says and everyone acknowledges him, so he goes back to holding Niall under his arm.

"So, how was meeting the mum?" Louis asks Niall.

"It was good, she's really great," he answers.

"That's all we get?"

"That's all there is to get. Nothing happened, we just spent the evening chatting."

"I bet there were some juicy stories about Harry," Louis looks over at Harry, who is hiding his face in Niall's hair to avoid exposing himself too much.

"Nope, just getting to know me. It was nice, I really like her," Niall lies, Harry feeling a sense of gratitude for getting him off the hook like that.

He really owes Niall. If Niall had sold him out to Louis, Harry would never have heard the end of it.

"When is the prof getting here?" Louis asks, Nick swatting at his hip in response to the question, "What?" He asks innocently, as if he doesn't know why Nick was swatting at him.

"He'll be here soon. He was meeting up with a friend for breakfast and told me he'd be on his way after. Got a text from him about two hours ago, so I take it another hour or so before he arrives," Harry answers and everyone nods, Louis grinning.

"Lou," Nick warns and Louis gives him the innocent-and-confused look.

"Whaaat?" Nick just rolls his eyes and leans back in the chair, relaxing after having been driving for three hours.

Niall reaches over and takes Zayn's hand in his own, running his thumb across Zayn's rough knuckles as he notices the flakes of paint. He pulls their entwined hands into his lap as he leans into Harry, before closing his eyes and listening to everyone around him interact.