t h i r t e e n | roller skates and boyfriends

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

NH

"Then follow me!" Harry all but shouts, grabbing Niall's wrist and pulling him farther down along the sidewalk, Niall practically tripping over his feet to keep up with the tall boy and his even taller legs.

"Harry!" Niall screeches, his shoulder feeling like it's going to be pulled right out of its socket if Harry doesn't let up.

"Niall!" Harry shouts back, teasing Niall, whose face turns red and his eyes roll so far back, Niall probably should have seen the back of his skull.

Harry weaves them in and out of the pedestrians, Niall's feet desperately attempting to keep up with the pace Harry is setting for the two of them. When Niall is sufficiently out of breath and stumbling over the cracks in the sidewalk, Harry stops abruptly, causing Niall to slam into Harry's back at full speed.

"Ow!" Harry cries out, but the mad grin on his face lets Niall know that he isn't actually hurt, "Watch where you're going."

"Well sorry, your brake lights are out. It's not my fault," Niall teases back, watching how Harry's entire face lights up in pure joy and amusement at Niall's quip.

"Come on," Harry goes back to being excited about their 'fun activity', Niall feeling his arm being tugged on again, but this time he's being pulled into a building and not down the street. Which he's fine with, seeing as it's March and it's rather brisk out in the London air.

Nothing Niall can't handle - no of course not, he's from Ireland - but running through the cold air has never been a pleasant experience on his lungs, so he's grateful to be heading indoors.

"We're going roller skating?" Niall asks when he sees the rink, with only about twenty people on it. It's a Saturday afternoon, he was expecting more people to be here. If anything, he would have expected to see at least one child's birthday party, thus flooding the rink with dozens of small children that can only be described as a safety hazard.

"I haven't been in ages, and I wanted to do something fun and spontaneous and...you hate it," Harry says, noticing the wary look in Niall's eyes as they scan the rink, moving in circles with the skaters out there. At Harry's words, Niall is immediately turning his gaze on his date.

"No, that's not it," Niall starts, and Harry just watches him, "I just, um...I've never gone roller skating before," He admits, and Harry smiles sheepishly, but his eyes hold nothing but fondness.

"Do you want to do something else?" Harry asks, but Niall shakes his head. He doesn't want to let Harry down, and he actually likes the idea of being able to hold onto Harry and cling for dear life. He happens to quite like the prospect of being all over the handsome lad, sue him.

"No, this is fine. I just don't know what I'm going to be doing, that's all," Niall says and Harry grins even wider.

"That's okay, we can figure it out together."

Niall likes the sound of that. He likes that he's going to be making happy memories and doing fun things and having a new experience with someone he happens to fancy quite a bit.

He remembers how he used to do things like this when he was first with Damon, but the minute that name is brought to the forefront of his mind, he's shoving it as far out of reach as he possibly can, choosing to focus on the green eyes in front of him.

Harry, being the stubborn one Niall has already learned he is, paid for the two of them (resulting in a "well I'm paying for our food, then," from Niall and a scoff from Harry) and, soon enough, they're lacing their skates up.