t w e n t y - f o u r | unknown numbers and hearings

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

NH

Sitting with his back against the headboard of their bed, Niall watches Harry bustle around the room as he gets ready for work.

Niall hasn't mentioned who he might have seen last night, he doesn't want to worry Harry unnecessarily. The last thing he needs is to cause any more stress in Harry's life. Harry has been stressing and worrying and sacrificing so much for Niall these past three months, and Niall doesn't want to be the reason he suffers and stresses and sacrifices any more.

"Which shirt, blue or red?" Harry asks, holding up two button up shirts in front of him for Niall to choose from.

"Black," Niall answers after looking at the two shirts for no more than half a second.

"Black wasn't one of the options," Harry points out, an amused smile on his face.

"Let's see what we can do about that then, yeah?" Niall suggests, refusing to back down. Harry rolls his eyes and grabs the black shirt and holds that up alongside the others so Niall can consider it.

"Black," Niall repeats and Harry hangs the other two shirts back up in the closet, rolling his eyes in an endearing manner.

"You're stubborn, anyone ever tell you that?" Harry raises his eyebrow, and Niall can see the teasing on his face, so he knows that Harry is just messing about.

"You, probably," Niall grins as Harry pulls the shirt on, buttoning it up almost all the way, before leaning over and pecking his boyfriend on the lips.

"When is your last exam?" Harry runs his hand through his hair as he stands up straighter.

"I only have one, and it's next Tuesday. I have a paper for another class and some online assessment thing for another, both due Sunday night," Niall tells him, thankful he still has a few days to get everything done.

"Are you procrastinating?" Harry teases and Niall rolls his eyes.

"No more than you are. You're gonna be late for work if you stay any longer," Niall fires right back, loving how Harry's eyes light up in amusement.

"I'm going, I'm going. Let me know what you want to do for dinner and we can figure it out, okay?"

"Okay. Be gone," Niall demands and Harry chuckles, grabbing his bag and walking out the door.

"Love you!" Harry calls out from somewhere else in the flat.

"Love you too!" Niall can hear the door open and close, leaving him alone in the flat. Well, as alone as he can be with two cats.

He gets up out of bed and feeds his children before walking over to the fridge, deciding what he wants to eat for breakfast.

"Open up, Neil!" Louis shouts through the door, bringing a smile to Niall's face. He opens it, and there stands Louis, no Nick in sight.

"Where's the boyfriend, getting tired of you?" Niall teases, moving aside so Louis can come in, before closing the door and locking it.

"Studying. He's been procrastinating so I left without him," Louis answers, plopping down on the sofa.

"Sometimes it surprises me that you're the more time efficient one in the relationship," Niall grabs a bowl and fills it with cereal and milk before sitting beside Louis.

"I know, right? He seems so responsible, but he's just a child. Whatever, I love him," The boys chuckle before Louis is flicking on the television.