s i x t e e n | fathers and threats

̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ 

HS

As soon as Harry is walking up to the door to Niall's flat, he is ready to collapse and relax.

The work he had to do ended up being far more than he was expecting, but he got loads done before Liam dragged him out for a run.

Stupid Liam. and his stupid athletic, healthy tendencies.

He knocks on Niall's door and hears a distant "coming!" sounding from the other side, and he can't help but smile. They've only been together for a week, but he already can't imagine his life without Niall. He actually may be in love, and if he isn't yet, he sure is going down that path.

Niall's door opens slightly, enough for Niall to pop his face through, but not enough for either of them to step through.

"Can I come in?" Harry asks slowly, wondering if Niall is hiding something.

Or someone?

No, Harry pushes that thought out of his mind the moment it enters. Harry knows Niall isn't like that, so there is no reason not to trust him. Still, it wouldn't be the first time it's happened. People cheat on their partners all the time, Harry just has to hope Niall wouldn't do that.

"Yeah, just don't open the door too far, I don't want them getting out," Niall says and pulls back, opening the door wide enough for Harry to slip through and into the flat, closing the door quickly once the lanky boy is through it.

"Who is 'them'?" Harry asks before he sees a small tabby cat by his feet and an orange one walking towards him, "Umm...Niall?"

"I got kittens!" Niall cheers, his hands clasped together in front of his chest and the widest smile on his lips, "That one is Tabitha and the orange one is Papaya."

Harry sets his belongings down on the entryway table before kneeling down and letting the kittens get a feel for him, before they're both ramming their heads into his hands, causing Harry to chuckle.

"Do you like them? Because if you don't then you're out of here, mister. They are my babies," Niall's initial question came out a bit vulnerable, but his voice found its strength, making Harry laugh again.

"I love them," He looks up at Niall from where he's positioned on the ground, to see him standing with his hands on his hips and a stern look on his face before it's melting into one of happiness.

"Come on, pick one up and follow me," Niall says and grabs one of the cats, Papaya, before leading the way to his bedroom.

Harry picks up Tabitha and follows, both grown men flopping down on the bed, each with a kitten, and burrowing under the covers to lay there. They release the cats and allow them to walk around on the bed, Papaya choosing to snuggle up to Niall while Tabitha explores and plays around a little.

"Explain?" Is all Harry has to say before Niall begins.

"Lou and I went out and we were walking around London and talking and then we saw the shelter and I dragged him in and I saw Papaya, here, and knew I wanted her, and then the lady at the shelter told me that she and Tabitha were the only two left from a litter that the previous owners couldn't handle, and I knew in that moment that I was supposed to be their dad. So I adopted two cats, much to Louis' chagrin."

"I thought you were allergic to cats?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Because Anderson mentioned it in a video once."