7.

Blair took Fred's words to heart for the rest of the day. Usually, she wouldn't have cared if someone was upset by something she said. That was mostly because she never said anything anyway, so she was never presented with the situation. But multiple times did Blair see George walking beside his twin with a frown on his face. It was almost like Fred was leading him around the school so that Blair could deliberately see how upset his brother was. She eventually decided that she should say something as the situation wasn't entirely his fault. Blair's just never had someone interested in her before.

Potions would be the last session of the day and Blair planned to finally talk to George. She was tired of the looks she received from Fred in the corridors and was ready to at least settle her conscious as a result of George's constant frowns. She planned to take her usual seat and wait for Professor Snape to let them gather their ingredients to apologise for the other day. But when turning down a corridor on her way to the dungeons, she saw the tall lanky redhead making his way down the stairs with Lee next to him.

"George," she called out and the two stopped, turning around and seeing the girl fidgeting with her fingers. "Can I talk to you for a minute?"

George glanced at Lee and he got the telepathic message, turning away and continuing down to stairs towards the dungeons. Blair was slightly relieved that Lee decided to leave them to talk as she didn't think she'd be able to say what she really thought with someone else present. Although she'd hate to admit it, George was the only person she felt partially comfortable with talking to. He may be annoying and too nosy for Blair's liking, but he was someone who actually listened.

"U-Um... I-" Blair went to speak but suddenly had her mind go blank. "I wanted to... um..."

"Did Fred threaten you to talk to me?" George asked and Blair found her cheeks growing warm.

"Y-Yeah," she answered and George scoffed lightly, forcing her to continue talking in order to prevent misunderstanding. "B-But I wanted to talk to you anyway! I wanted to say that I was sorry for the other day. I'm just not used to having a friend-"

"You think of me as a friend?!" he cut her off with a huge grin and Blair stopped, realising what had slipped out.

"Oh um..." she stuttered. "I suppose?"

"Aw Blair!" he cooed and latched his long arms around her, squeezing her against his chest. "You've finally come to your senses!"

"Mr Weasley and Miss Roiser!" Professor Snape's voice boomed and the two turned to the stairs, seeing the Professor glaring up at them with a very unimpressed look. "Ten points from both Gryffindor and Ravenclaw for canoodling in the corridor! If you'll please make your way to my class as I'd hate to take more points."

"No you wouldn't," George muttered and Blair held back a smile, trudging after the Professor. Stepping down the staircase, George leaned over and whispered into Blair's ear and she felt her insides surprisingly warm. "You're my friend too by the way."

---

Everyone had piled out into the Entrance Hall to watch the arrival of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrangs. Hagrid stood on the grass with large red panels, acting as air traffic control to direct the descending carriage and winged-horses. The carriage was a sleek silver and was being pulled by six white horses that flew gracefully down to the school grounds, nearly taking poor Hagrid out in the process.

"That's something you don't see every day," Fred commented and Blair jumped in her place, whipping around to see the twins behind her. George glanced down and flashed a goofy grin, before turning towards The Black Lake where a student had cried that something was immerging from it.