23.

Because of the odd appearance of Professor Moody in the Ravenclaw dormitories, Blair was now extremely wary and suspicious of the man. As if the fact of Jasper rushing out the room and throughout the castle wasn't enough of a warning sign, the Professor had been eyeing her during meal times in the Great Hall and when walking in the corridors. His magic eye would swivel around in his socket and watch her eat all of her dishes and watch her stroll from class to class. It was unnerving and uncomfortable for Blair and she was ready to confront Professor Dumbledore about it.

She thought that maybe Moody had finally remembered his involvement with her father's death and had started to watch her every move in case of any signs of dark magic. Everyone knew how mad he was, so Blair thought that he suspected that she was ready to carry on the name of Rosier and join the followers that were still around of You Know Who. But never the less, she shouldn't have to put up with the discrimination since she has never even considered joining the dark arts.

So in her next Defence Against the Dark Arts lesson with the Headmaster, Blair finally brought up the problem.

"Sir, may I ask about one the Professors here at Hogwarts?" she asked politely after successfully breaking a curse on an aggravated book.

"I suppose so," the man replied, intrigued by the girl's request. "Which Professor are you referring to?"

"Professor Moody, sir."

Dumbledore's eyebrows shot up and he sunk back into his chair that sat behind his grand desk. The name of the man coming from his student wasn't a shock, but made him lean forward in interest. He hadn't forgotten about his friend's odd behaviour when previously mentioning Blair's change in classes, but he hadn't noticed anymore of his suspicious tweaks; until now.

"I see," Dumbledore hummed. "And what is it you'd like to ask?"

"Well I can't help notice that he's been quite... intrusive lately," Blair started and fiddling nervously with her sleeves. She had never 'dobbed' in a Professor before and speaking to the Headmaster about it was even more nerve-wracking.

"How so?"

"I heard that Professor Moody apparently came to the Ravenclaw common room a few days ago. My friend Nancy says that he was heading for the dormitories but basically turned on his heels when he saw her sitting and watching him," Blair explained. "I only found out because my cat somehow escaped the common room and found me down by the Black Lake. He's well trained and knows not to leave the Ravenclaw tower without me. And since then, Professor Moody's been... watching me closely, to put it nicely."

"Stalking you, Miss Rosier?" Dumbledore suggested and Blair felt a pang in her chest at the word. It was a term that she associated with the situation greatly but felt it was too accusing to use. But now that Professor Dumbledore had said it aloud, it was better to use as it highlighted how creepy and odd Moody's behaviour was.

"Yes. I'd say so," she answered while finding a random goblet on Dumbledore's shelves to distract herself with. "Usually I wouldn't complain. I'm used to this sort of thing from other students, but when it comes to a Professor, I can't help..."

"You don't need to explain yourself, Miss Rosier. I understand your discomfort with the situation. I also have reason to believe that Professor Moody ventured to the Ravenclaw tower in search of you," the man replied and Blair gulped. She had heavily considered the idea that Moody didn't want to be seen heading up to her dormitory for whatever reason. And now that she knew she wasn't the only one who thought so, she felt ever more unnerved by the Professor.

"I will be having a talk with Professor Moody regarding this problem, so don't worry yourself further. I'm sure there is a reasonable explanation for all of this," Professor Dumbledore stood up from his chair with his returning smile, but it was a challenge for the man to keep it on display. He didn't even believe his words but for the sake of Blair's state of mind and well being, he thought it would be best to have her staying unaware of the possible seriousness of the situation.