22.

"Bombarda!"

The brick wall that Professor Dumbledore conjured exploded and left its contents all around the Headmaster's office. Dumbledore stood with his hands clasped together and with a light smile on his face from his student's brilliant spell work. Blair grinned widely to herself as she lowered her wand and watched as the once solid wall flew back into the tip of Dumbledore's wand. She had been practicing hard on the Bombarda spell and several half exploded walls later; she had finally been able to master it like a professional.

"Astounding, Miss Rosier," Dumbledore's weathered voice cheered. "I think you will pass your Dark Arts N.E.W.T with ease."

"Thank you, sir," she replied and slipped her wand back into her sock. "I do need to practice in History of Magic though. Professor Binns isn't the kindest towards near failing grades."

"I'm sure you will do your best. I've heard Mr Weasley is quite good at History of Magic. When he puts his mind to it, anyways," the Professor smiled down at her.

"Which Weasley, sir?"

"I think you know which one I'm referring to."

Blair blushed as Professor Dumbledore winked at her. She had forgotten that the Headmaster somehow knew about everything that went on within the castle's walls. Whether it is Peeves' continuous havoc on students and Professors, or the relationship status between two of his students, he knew about it. Luckily, anyone with sense would know that the man was barmy. He may be a powerful wizard, but he wasn't seen as the sanest person in the world, so most didn't believe his claims.

"Speaking of the redheaded clan, Mr Weasley is currently waiting outside for you. I suggest you hurry on before he loses his very minute attention span," Dumbledore pointed to the door of his office and the door swung open on its own.

"See you on Thursday, sir."

Making her way out of the office and down the stairs, Blair waited for the gargoyle in front of her to move and reveal the hallway. This was her last session of the day and she was ready to head back to her common room and finish her week's worth of homework. She had found that now she had a fairly social life alongside her schoolwork, she had days where she wouldn't get any of her homework done. So one of her days would be dedicated to all of the homework she had, leaving her afternoons free for socialising with her friends.

The gargoyle hopped out of the way and Blair's eyes immediately went to George who was leaning against the wall opposite her. He had his robe in his hands and was standing in his school jumper and pants, fiddling with the material that was burgundy on the inside of his robe. He looked up at the sound of stone scrapping against the wall and displayed his usual goofy grin at the sight of the Ravenclaw.

"I thought I'd come wait for you," he said as he pushed himself off the wall and met Blair halfway.

"I'm supposed to be doing my homework today," she replied. "I can only spend so much time with you Gryffindors."

"Um I'm offended?" George raised his eyebrows. "Come on sweetheart, we're chilling down by the lake. I don't want to look like the third wheel with Freddie and Angelina."

Blair felt her heart flutter at the word 'sweetheart'. George wasn't usually one for pet names but whenever he was in the mood, he came up with sweetest things to call her. She had the inkling that he was getting his relationship ideas from Fred, who wasn't the best role model. He would call Angelina anything from babe to snookiebins. Although the last one might have been a tease and not a genuine name for Angelina, it was cringe enough for Blair to physically pull a face for everyone to see. George wasn't one to miss these expressions and chose not to go as far with the pet names. But the odd one made her warm inside and appreciate George's attempts.