86.

Blair, Fred and George planned to leave for their mission on September 1st; when the Hogwarts semester started. This would hopefully mean that with the Ministry now taken over by You Know Who, they'd be prioritising on finding Harry and terrorising anyone who returned and didn't return to the castle. Severus Snape was said to be headmaster and had made some major, terrifying changes. Alecto and Amycus Carrow had been made Defence Against the Dark Arts professors and the other professors that had chosen to say were terrified to do anything about them.

The Order could do nothing about Hogwarts with Dumbledore gone and poor Ginny had to leave on the Hogwarts Express to the nightmare waiting ahead. Blair didn't go to see Ginny off as the platform was littered with Snatchers. Snatchers, the Order had found, were bounty hunters. They searched for those who were on You Know Who's elimination list. There was no doubt the entire Order was on this and would be snatched up almost immediately and killed. These bounty hunters would also head to the houses of students who were too afraid to attend Hogwarts this year and threaten the parents with imprisonment in Azkaban, another place which had been taken over by the Dark Lord.

The entire Wizarding world was now unsafe for those who believed the good could win.

While Molly, Arthur and Charlie headed to Kings' Cross station with Ginny, Fred and George packed their bags for their mission that was bound to go over a week or two. Bill and Fleur had already left on their honeymoon at Shell Cottage; an adorable place on the seafront that they may even buy to build their own family in. This meant that the twins and Blair had The Burrow to themselves for the morning. This would give them time to grab what they needed and leave a note for their soon to be hysterical mother who already has one of her sons on the loose and her daughter under the watch of Death Eaters.

The only good news that seemed to be around currently was George's wound finallyhealing. Blair unrolled the bandages from around his head earlier that week and found that even though his ear couldn't be reformed in anyway, the additions of her healing potion had been able to smooth over the hole and make the injury a lot less gruesome. Smooth skin covered the area and the growth of his hair was able to cover most of the lost cartilage that once formed his ear. He of course wouldn't be able to hear from one side for the rest of his life, but at least bacteria wouldn't be able to infect the wound any longer and would make life a bit more bearable for George.

Packing her bags, Blair was in Ginny's room with her trunk open and sorting out what would be essential for their mission. The Weasley's room felt empty with her clothes taken out of her wardrobe and her presence gone; now festering in the place that everyone once called home. It wasn't home now. It was as if Dumbledore had taken that with him into the afterlife. All that was left at Hogwarts was a very distant memory of his kindness and the leering figure of Severus Snape; the biggest traitor in Wizarding history.

Blair sighed and zipped up the backpack that would be her home for the next couple of days. It was daunting to leave the safety of The Burrow. Once the barrier was restored, the home had still somehow managed to stay timeless throughout all the chaos. The living room was still cosy and Molly still made her home-cooking that was impossible to turn down. Leaving its walls was definitely something that Blair didn't want to do, but she needed to step out of her literal comfort zone.

The glittering of the diamond on her finger made the girl stop and look down at it in all its beauty. She had to remind herself that she was still engaged. At least with all that's happened, her future with George had a light at the end of its tunnel. If everything somehow turned out how they wanted, they could have a grand wedding that wouldn't be interrupted by gatecrashing Death Eaters and they'd live a happy life together. She couldn't see any children in their future, but maybe a cat would be in the picture. Maybe three cats, actually. Seven? Twenty-eight?