77.

The return to a form of normality couldn't have been more of a blessing for Blair. The twins had finally agreed to letting her meet up with her Ravenclaw friends after weeks of being confined to the complex of the flat and shop. She had only been able to send a handful of letters to each of them, but had been dying to go to their little Muggle cafe to chat and get through their weekly news. However, she had refrained from telling them about Jasper's death. She thought it wouldn't be right to put in writing, so she had wanted to tell them in person.

But of course the twins weren't that lenient. They would let Blair leave on one condition, and that would be to have one of them with her at all times during the meet up. She knew they wouldn't compromise anymore than they already had, but she chose to take Fred along for this occasion. She loved George, but he was constantly worrying about her safety whether she was outside the flat or not. If he didn't start to relax, he would be spurting grey hairs in his mass of ginger by the time summer came around. Fred was more laid back in that sense and would at least settle George's conscience for one afternoon.

"We're leaving now, Georgie!" Blair called out as she and Fred made their way towards the door of the shop. It wasn't too busy today so George and Verity would be able to handle it while Fred and Blair had their day off.

"If anything goes wrong, send a Patronus and I'll come-"

"No you won't!" Verity butted in, appearing between the counter where George stood and the front door where Blair and Fred were. "I need at least some help here! You're not ditching me!"

"We'll be fine," Fred rolled his eyes at his twin's pampering. "You have such little faith in me, brother."

George narrowed his eyes and Blair took it as her cue to leave; the bell dinging as she opened the door and making Fred follow after her with a merry wave to his twin. The two left the shop and Fred suggested that they'd apparate, making the journey shorter and reducing the chance of running into any Death Eaters that were looking for Blair.

"No, I haven't been out of the flat for weeks now. I want to walk," she replied and turned up the hill that would lead her to the Leaky Cauldron.

"Ugh, excercise," Fred groaned, following after her with his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"You know you used to be a Beater for Quidditch, Freddie. Maybe you should get back into it?" Blair suggested.

"Pfft are you suggesting that I'm losing my touch? I'm insulted," he dramatised. "I could still take you on as Beater any day. I've just got other responsibilities now that I'm an adult."

Blair was about to joke about his few chores that he barely does around the flat, only to remember that his main chore had been to feed Jasper every morning and evening. It made her heart ache to think that his food bowl had been stowed away along with all his toys, bed and tinned food. She had promised herself that Jasper hadn't suffered when he died and that he would be living in 'cat heaven', as George always said. It had been hard to get over the fact that he wouldn't be curling up at her feet anymore and padding across the room whenever she'd pat the space next to her on the sofa. She missed him, but he had a good life.

Pushing away the depressing thoughts, Blair and Fred soon arrived at the Leaky Cauldron. Fred made sure to stay behind her as she walked into the pub and headed for the brick wall that would allow them into London. He eyed certain cloaked witches and wizards and steered Blair around the tables that he didn't like the look of. The Order was taking Blair's safety seriously now that You Know Who was aware that she didn't want to be recruited. With Fred and George being her set bodyguards, Fred stood to attention and took his job seriously. It was bad enough losing Jasper, they didn't need to have another unnecessary death on their hands because of his tardiness.