103.

The wedding had been everything Blair had ever dreamed of. Despite the plan to have it in a historical church or beside a beautiful lake of some kind, The Burrow still came out on top as the location for the ceremony. However, no tent was needed on this day besides a small gazebo version that stood over the buffet table. An altar had been assembled out of vines and flowers which stood in between rows of chairs that the few guests would occupy. Even though things were slowly returning to normality in the Wizarding world, people jumped at the invitations that arrived at their doors and made haste to RSVP. Everyone was aware that Blair and George would be getting married sometime in the coming months and praised its arrival like the second coming of Merlin himself.

The same old wizard from Bill and Fleur's wedding had been asked to do the service and this time, the Order of the Phoenix didn't have to be alert for ambushes. There would be no need for patrolling and everyone could enjoy the ceremony as solely what it was; the bonding between two people that would spend the rest of their lives together. The sun was shining and there was a light breeze on the day of the wedding, making it the perfect time to tie the knot for good.

George had been swooped away by his brothers to get ready and the same had happened with Blair. Only her friends had taken the place of her family for the preparations and for the ceremony. Nancy, Mina and Poppy had cornered off Ginny's room in order to get Blair ready for the day she had been waiting for. The dress she wore was simple yet elegant. She wanted it to be something that wasn't casual (even though George would have liked it either way) and made her feel beautiful. No one liked the idea about having a black dress and advocated for the whitest of dresses they could find. The top half of her shoulders and collarbones were bare and fitted her chest nicely, before spraying out into light ruffles of silk.

"You have so much hair," Nancy mentioned while trying to thread Blair's hair through itself to create part of her bun. "How long do you want it to be?"

"I've never really thought about. I've just been letting it grow," Blair admitted sheepishly. She sat on a chair that was in front of a mirror, the window shining behind it to give her a natural glow. On Ginny's bed sat Poppy and Mina, who were laying out their own dresses and doing each other's makeup. They had been lucky enough to be given the chance to be Blair's bridesmaids along with Nancy and Ginny.

"Why don't we cut it now?!" Mina perked up with a grin.

"I just made this!" Nancy shrieked while gesturing to the elegant bun and tendrils she had done in Blair's hair.

"Yeah! Can we, Nancy?" Blair beamed and turned around, looking hopefully towards the three. "I haven't cut my hair in years!"

"You want to do this on your wedding day?" Poppy questioned. "What if it turns out awful? You'll be walking down the isle with a lopsided cut."

"Shouldn't be too different. George is pretty lopsided as well."

The three bridesmaids' faces dropped in shock at the joke but found themselves giggling when they found Blair laughing to herself. They knew that George had his ear cursed off by Severus Snape and were never sure if it was right to mention it in case he was self-conscious about it. But judging by Blair's laid back attitude, they assumed it was okay to giggle about it.

"You sure you want to do this?" Poppy made sure as she appeared with a pair of scissors. Nancy had grumpily pulled out the hard work she had done in Blair's hair and stepped back to let the other girl take over. She vowed to never volunteer to do the bride's hair again for a wedding in case she suddenly decides to cut it all off in the process.

"Yes. I want it short."

"How short?"

"Like, short."