20.

Once the hall had eaten their meals, the famous band the Weird Sisters came to the stage. Professor Dumbledore had somehow been able to persuade the band to perform at the Yule Ball. But considering how much the Triwizard tournament was talked about in the Daily Prophet, it wasn't hard to know that any famous singer or band would be happy for the publicity.

Their songs were known for their rock and roll style that came from their guitars and drums. They played their most well known tunes which were adored by the students who mobbed the dance floor and screamed for the band. But their hardcore metal wasn't liked by Blair and found a headache brewing from the loud noise.

"I'm going to go outside for a bit," Blair said to George who sat beside her at the round table. Fred, Angelina and the other people who once sat at the table had disappeared to the dance floor or up to their dorms for the night. It was now only her and George left.

"I'll come with you," he offered and stood up with her.

"Alright," Blair nodded with a light smile.

As they walked out of the Great Hall and towards the courtyard that was blanketed in snow, Blair thought about the night she had. She liked dancing with George for the entirety of the night and the food was excellent. She hadn't expected to enjoy herself so much seeing as the sound of a ball wasn't something she usually jumped around for. She actually liked wearing her elegant dress and getting ready in her dorm, only to have George tell her for the first time that she was beautiful. She had never been called such a thing before, and with it coming from George was even more flattering and made her heart flutter.

Out in the courtyard, Blair forgot how cold it was outside. Her shoulder-less dress left her shivering as soon as they had stepped out from the hall that had been charmed to stay warm She put her hands to her arms and rubbed them up and down, trying to create some heat against her skin.

"Here," George spoke up as he slipped off his robe and wrapped it over her shoulders, leaving him in a white button-up shirt and the much talked about purple vest.

"How cliché," she sniggered but was grateful for the cover up. She grabbed the openings of George's robes and pulled it tightly around herself, trying her hardest not to notice the musky scent that she didn't usually notice on George.

Blair looked out on to the courtyard in front of her and saw the benches that hadn't yet been cleared of snow. The flakes of white fell from the sky had gradually built up small mountains on the floor, the moonlight glistening through the sparkles that you usually didn't see in snow. It reminded Blair of why she liked winter so much compared to the other seasons. The element that came with winter was everything Blair loved. Getting bundled up in the common room with Jasper on her lap and placed directly in front of the fire was when she was happiest. It made life at Hogwarts so much more pleasurable than when she had to go home over the long summer break. 

From beside Blair, George stared down at her with his eyes glued to her side profile. He couldn't believe she was so beautiful in her dark dress, and the necklace around her neck continued to bring her whole image together of looking like a goddess. He couldn't comprehend how he hadn't noticed the girl before this year as she was truly breathtaking. And now that he knew of her personality and her little cute tweaks, he knew he was falling deeper and deeper into a state of being willing to kiss the ground she walked on. She wasn't just a silly little crush anymore, yet he had only started talking to her four months ago. How could she have such an effect on him in such a short amount of time?

George realised that now was the time he had been waiting for. The sight of the empty courtyard with blankets of snow around them was perfect and he found that he couldn't resist Blair any longer. Her pale skin and the content smile on her face made him melt into a metaphoric puddle. He compared her to the snow. Her iciness was something he had struggled at first to break through. But he was glad that he had, because now he knew a girl who was obsessed with cats and had a passion for potions that he thought only snotty Slytherins had. If he didn't seal it now, she could melt away and he'd never have another chance at it.