49.

After dinner in the Great Hall, students tried to appear discrete as they moved off to the corridor that had the tapestry of Barnaby the Barmy. With the news of a place being found for their practices, came the instruction to try and not be seen. People decided to go in twos down the corridor in order to not raise suspicion and thought long and hard about what they wanted, causing the room the materialise in front of their eyes and let them through. They gawked at the high ceiling and grand chandelier that lit up the otherwise grey room. Mirrors panelled the walls to give the illusion that the space was infinite, reflecting everyone's hanging jaws and circled eyes.

"Now we need to come up with times of the week that'll suit everyone," Harry stated once he had gathered the group, standing at the front with Hermione and Ron by his side.

"Before that, we need a name," Ginny said and a ripple of murmurs started up. The parchment that had everyone's signature (including the cat doodle that George added after Blair's last name) was pinned to the wall next to the entrance, showing the commitment of over fifteen students.

"We're not a superhero group," one of the Muggleborn boys mumbled, but was overpowered by the calling out of names.

"What about 'the Ministry are morons' club?"

"I like Umbridge's bruised eye socket."

"What about the Defence Association?"

"I like the DA initials," Ginny's louder voice caused the pointless suggestions to stop, nodding towards Cho who had suggested the only suitable name. "What about Dumbledore's Army? It's what the Ministry's most afraid of."

"Brilliant," Harry beamed, causing lots of looks to be exchanged between Ginny's siblings.

"Brilliant. Ginny is so amazing," Fred whispered in a voice that was supposed to be Harry's.

"I love you, Harry. Kiss me like The Boy Who Lived should," George sang back, the light chatter in the group letting their mocking go unheard by most. Blair nudged the two in their sides but couldn't stop the small chuckle from their high voices.

Hermione took down the long parchment and wrote the name 'Dumbledore's Army' across the top, before pinning it back up on the wall. It was refreshing to see the official document that bound the group to the secrecy of The Room of Requirement. With the school breaking up before their eyes with Professor Dumbledore being suppressed by the Ministry, Trelawney getting fired and being replaced with Firenze the centaur and Umbridge stomping around making everything against the rules, it felt good to feel a part of something.

"Okay so, we need an evening that's good for everyone," Harry started again.

"It can't be on Thursdays. We've got practice," Angelina stated.

"Or on Friday, 'cos that's our practice," Blair added.

"Not on Tuesday either," Zacharias Smith rolled his eyes.

"Right well..." Harry cleared his throat. "How about Wednesdays then?"

A few nods were given throughout the group, making Harry sigh in relief. Through all the Quidditch practices and other commitments, it was surprising to get a day that suited everyone. Blair did have patrolling duties on Wednesday nights, but hopefully their meetings would be done before curfew. And she supposed another obliviating spell would be acceptable on Fletcher if he saw she wasn't doing her patrolling as soon as the clock stroke ten at night.

"Great. I guess we'll start with protections spells," Harry nodded and held his wand between his hands. "Everyone get into pairs."

Blair made sure to push George over to Fred while she made her way over to Mina. Nancy and Poppy had paired up and left the girl to look around hopefully for a spare person. And Blair knew that Fred would want to pair up with his brother, so she hurried over to the wandering Ravenclaw.