41.

Blair was sent to show Anthony Goldstein the ropes of being a Chaser. While Roger got the team to play a mini game on one side of the pitch, Blair played as Keeper while Anthony practiced scoring goals with the quaffle on the other side. His aim was almost perfect but he struggled to keep his broom on its path when using one hand to throw the quaffle, causing him to wobble and falter in his strength. Blair had to teach him how to steer his broom while focusing on the strength he needed to throw the quaffle through one of the hoops.

"Try not to worry about the bludgers that are flying around," she informed while throwing a quaffel for him to catch. "I know its intimidating knowing that there's a vicious ball heading for you, but it's the Beaters' job to keep you safe for the game. And if you get hit, you can tell the Beaters off later. Just focus on what you're doing."

"I never knew you were so interested in Quidditch, Blair," Anthony mentioned, tossing the quaffle back to her. "No offence, but I always thought you only liked Potions and snogging that Weasley twin."

Blair's face heated up and fumbled with the quaffle, nearly dropping it through the air and towards the green pitch that was at least twenty metres below them. She was aware that she and George had a period of time where they couldn't keep their faces away from each other, but she had forgotten there were other people in the world other than them. George often made her forget that fact and now she was embarrassed by the absurd amount of times they had been engaged in their moments of what she would call passion.

"Y-Yeah, well, a lot of people seem to think that," she cleared her throat.

"But you're really good, though. I'm sure people will be convinced when our first game comes around," Anthony reassured and Blair cracked a smile, believing the same. She decided that she liked Anthony not just as a good addition to the Ravenclaw team, but maybe as a friend as well.

"We're going to do some more drills," Roger called out to the two, making them fly over and join the team for the rest of the practice.

The sky grew darker and Roger decided that they had done enough for today. Everyone lowered to the pitch and put their brooms away in the shed, heading off to their dormitory. Many had homework to start and some planned to head straight to bed, suffering the consequences of not doing their work in the morning. Most of the homework that was being ignored had been set by Professor Umbridge, giving everyone even more of a reason to leave it undone. It was only pointless worksheets that were asking for the most basic of spell diagrams. If worst came to worst, they could do it at breakfast and hand it in two minutes after.

Blair was one of the few who were going to sit down and do their homework before heading to bed. She had the worksheet to complete from Umbridge, a chapter to read for History of Magic, an essay plan to make for Arthimancy and a potion idea to make for Potions. She thought that it would be better to get the potion out of the way first as it was what she was best at. She needed to come up with a potion that could be useful outside of school and think of how to brew it. That meant listing potential ingredients that Professor Snape would sneer at and ask what in heaven or hell made you think that could possibly work? But for Blair, he might just shake his head and suggest something else in his dull tone.

While everyone plonked down into the armchairs and sofas in front of the fireplace, Blair headed for the girls' dormitory to get her books, quill and parchment. The other Ravenclaws knew that the Quidditch team would be returning to the common room at this time, so the room was deserted besides the ones dressed in the royal blue robes.

Blair put her foot on the first step of the stairs that lead up to the dormitory, only to freeze completely with her eyes locked on the step that was to her eye level. She stood frozen for at least two minutes until Cho, who was sitting in the armchair closest to her, realised and stood to her feet to see why Blair had suddenly stopped.