66.

Blair had done well to forget about her unexpected pursuit from the old orphanage. She knew Fred had been suspicious when she had come home jumping at every little sound and she was sure that George would notice if she was acting any differently. It didn't seem like Fred had told George about her behaviour either, so the only thing to do now was to act as normal as possible. She had been wary to meet up with the girls again the next week, but she went straight to the Leaky Cauldron by herself and straight back to the shop afterwards. There were no detours and the only times she was alone was when she stepped out of the shop to apparate and when she returned after apparating. The only people she saw were the girls and the people who happened to be sitting in the same cafe as them when they had their weekly chats.

In between these outings were the usual days at work. She worked hard to keep Weasley Wizard Wheezes under control when the boys were caught up with being owners (which meant telling customers to take a hike whenever they asked stupid questions). Verity was a great help and Blair had become good friends with the girl. The two were known as the female versions of the Weasley twins; only more mature and Verity had no connection to them besides being an employee. And when Verity clocked off for the day, Blair would see her to the door while Fred and George whined about their dinner not being ready yet.

"You can always make it yourselves," she suggested as she stirred the cauldron of soup.

"But we would never be able to make it as good as yours," George cooed, wrapping his arms around Blair's waist and burying his face into her shoulder. He hummed into her purple shirt and pressed his lips into her neck for good measure, making Blair roll her eyes. The two heard gagging noises coming from the living room, making her pray that it was just Fred being dramatic and not Jasper about to be sick on the carpet.

"Oh no you don't, you foul beast!"

Fred ran through the kitchen with Jasper held out far from his body. Jasper's tiny body could be seen retching and lurching, the key sign of a cat about to throw up its stomach's contents. Fred's running footsteps could be heard echoing from the hallway and the door of the bathroom being thrown open. George and Blair listened hard for the sound of Jasper finally throwing up either in the bath or the toilet that Fred had placed him on, but heard the sound of the toilet flushing instead.

"Did you make it?" Blair shouted and could sense George looking over his shoulder towards the hallway. 

"Yep," Fred's voice rang from the living room where he had appeared once more, a proud smirk on his face. "I've decided to take responsibility for my only chore. I know when he's going to be sick now."

"And here we were thinking you hated cats," George raised an eyebrow when he saw Jasper jump on to Fred's lap and curl up for a grooming. 

"I do!" he defended but then scratched at the top of Jasper's head, causing him to purr and nuzzle his head against Fred's hand. George and Blair narrowed their eyes at him and the tips of the Weasley's ears deepened to an embarrassed red.

"Okay, maybe he's grown on me a little."

As Blair dished up the tomato soup, the familiar ball of light suddenly flew through the door of the flat and stopped in the middle of the living room. From its sudden appearance, Jasper leaped off of Fred's lap and disappeared into the hallway. George, Fred and Blair stared at the light that formed into the silhouette of a sphinx cat. The living room's lights had somehow been distinguished from the appearance of the Patronus and the silvery glow left corners dark and the cauldron of soup cold.

'A lead has been found in Upper Flagley. Possible Death Eater meeting for an attack in London,' Kingsley Shacklebolt's booming voice flowed from the cat, which sat obediently as its message played. 'Be careful and Molly stays unaware of the mission.'