Four

At lunch, Edith found herself sitting with her Soc friends. To be more specific, she was sitting with Tristan, Jack, Leonard, Ryan and Alexander. She had a few girl friends to sit with as well, but they didn't speak much because the boys spoke the most. The party was tomorrow night and they couldn't wait, however, Edith was a little nervous about it.

She'd been to parties before, but she'd been to more Grease parties than Soc. After the incident a few months back, the tension between some Greasers and Socs was bad. She was involved in the tension in a way because not only did she know the Soc who got stabbed, but she was good friends with the attackers of the victim. At first, it was hard for Edith to be around her Grease friends, but when the wind died down, she settled back into her old relationships.

Tristan was the most fond of Edith George, but he wasn't exactly interested in him. She liked him as a friend because he was a good guy, he played football, he was hot looking, and he didn't usually beat up on Greasers. He's jumped them twice, but Edith doesn't know. She knows about him making comments to them or shoving them aside, but nothing more than that. Tristan was hoping to get somewhere with Edith at Marcia's party, but Edith was only going before they wanted her to, so she was going to do her best to not leave after thirty minutes.

"You still smell like Winston." Tristan told Edith, she looked up from scrapping the food from the edge of her tray.

"Well, guess you'll have to live with it, won't you?" She replied.

He had to admit, he liked when she played hard to get. And Edith was not playing hard to get, she wasn't playing at all. "Not for long. Soon, it'll be my jacket you're wearing."

"Yes, because I want to match all the snobby cheerleaders."

"Hey." Kent's girlfriend called.

"I wasn't talking about you, Kay."

"Oh." She smiled in a peppy way, cheering and turning away. She was what some called 'a dumb blonde', because she was blonde and very dumb. It wasn't a joking matter, she was an airhead and not because some believed all cheerleaders were pretty and dumb, but Kay actually was. 

"Anyway," Tristan continued. "This party is going to be the best."

"Hell yeah it is!" Jack cheered, shaking Tristan's shoulders as they hollered to one another. Edith glanced around the cafeteria, when she didn't see her other friends, she knew where they were. Whenever she wasn't with them, they usually drove to the DX for lunch and hung around with Sodapop and Steve for a good hour before coming back for class.

Edith finished half her lunch, no longer hungry for more, so she grabbed her tray after getting up. She fixed her pants and turned, walking towards one of the garbage cans, dumping everything inside and leaving the tray on top of the stack. Tristan noticed from a distance when he went to speak to her, but she wasn't there, and got up himself. He explained that he had something to do quickly. 

She tightened her belt around her hips to keep her hip-huggers up, her ankles showing and she wore a pair of red flats to go with her yellow hip-huggers, and her yellow, white, and red vertical striped long sleeve shirt that was tucked into her pants. "Edith." Tristan called down the hall, jogging down after her and she stopped with furrowed brows, wondering what he wanted and why he was still following her.

"Yes?" She questioned, folding her arms across her chest, slightly annoyed.

"I'm making sure you're still coming tomorrow night."

"If you keep asking me, I may change my mind." She explained. "And why is it such a big deal if I don't go? Tell me." He shrugged, not wanting to say why. She licked her lip and shook her head, having a feeling that she knew why he wanted her to go so badly. "You really are like the rest." She gasped. 

"No!" He called, shaking his head.

"No?" She questioned.

"No." He stood firm, sure of himself. 

"So, you don't just want me to go to the party so we can get drunk and then settle down?" She spoke.

"N-No, I wanna have a good time tomorrow night...with you, of course."

"Uh huh." She nods, turning away. "Pick me up at this address." She slipped him a piece of paper. She walked off by herself down the hall to head outside by herself so she could compose herself and have a smell of fresh air rather than smells from the jocks. Tristan remained quiet and when she turned the corner of the hall, he slammed his fist into the locker and groaned.

He screwed things up and he knew it.