Thirteen

"You look hot." Evie nodded, admiring Edith's look. Edith looked down at her outfit and shook her head. 

"No." She said.

"Yes!" Evie cheered. "It's you."

Wearing a tight dark purple satin dress that hugged her curves and topped mid thigh, Edith pulled the bottom of the dress down as it rode up with every step she touch. Her shoulders were bare as they straps were spaghetti strapped and she was not wearing a bra, her breasts pushed up and it was slightly uncomfortable. 

"My mother's gonna kill me."

"She won't know."

"You realize I'm just going to a party. Nothing else is happening right?" Evie nods. "So, why did you pick this outfit out?"

Evie shrugged. "I think you hot and you deserve to treat yourself. If no one likes it, then it's their lost, not yours. Anyways, I'm fifteen minutes late for my date with Steve. He's been standing on the porch for a little while. I should be going." Evie nods, placing an air kiss to each of Edith's cheeks and she returned the gesture as well. 

Evie ran down the stairs as fast as she could with heels on and headed to the front door after grabbing her purse. "Lock the door and take the key when you leave!" Evie shouted. "I've got my own key!" She slammed the door shut, surprising Steve, who didn't know how much longer he'd have to wait. It was part of dating Evie Rogers. She was a Greaser who loved beauty and impressing people, he knew he was simply early and she was never late and always right.

Edith inhaled deeply, bringing a hand to her chest and looked herself over in the mirror. After staring at herself for two minutes, she shook her head. "I'm sorry, Eve." She half smiled and tried pulling off the tight dress that showed too much skin and curve.

After five minutes of fighting with the dress and panicking that it was stuck, Edith finally got out of the dress and set it on the bed, not wearing it. She rummaged through the closet to find something more appealing to her own taste. Finding a nice light pink knee length dress with a slightly ruffled bottom, she took it off the hanger and pulled it on. 

Outside, a new car horn went off and this time it wasn't Steve. Edith rushed and was glad her hair and makeup was done. She pulled the dress on and then looked around. Finding a pair of black boots, she decided to tie in a bit of Greaser to her look. Tying the laces of the leather boots, she grabbed a light jacket and her purse, rushing downstairs as well. She grabbed the key off the cabinet in the foyer and headed outside.

Jason gazed over from where he sat in the driver's seat of his older Mustang, he waited for her and the music played a little loudly and the elderly couple walking down the sidewalk looked at him since he was kind of disturbing. He smirked and waved, watching them pass by. Edith ran down the steps.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs Hallow." She smiled kindly to them.

"Oh, hello, dear." Mrs. Hallow smiled.

"Tell him to turn down the music." Mr. Hallow spoke, his back kind curved from old age and she nods.

"Will do. I'll tell him." She nods. "Have a good night."

Edith opened the car door and sat inside, throwing her purse inside first and Jason grasped it since it had hit him. She reached over and pressed the volume button so the music would lower. He looked at her and wondered why she was doing that. He was dressed casually with khakis, new sneakers, a non wrinkled collared shirt and a leather jacket that seemed to have been to many outings and fights before.

"Know those old people?" He asked her.

"Yes, they're Evie's neighbors."

"Evie? This is her house?" Edith nods. "Makes sense."