Protecter

Your POV:

Jungkook continued to look out the window for another hour or so as I did my work. But when I saw it was almost noon, I closed my laptop and put it aside before looking to Jungkook.
"Jungkook," he turns to face me. "do you want to go get some lunch?" I tilt my head a little. Jungkook smiles at me.
"Yeah sure, where do you want to go?" He asks.
"Okay," I said excitedly. "There's this really good pizzeria not to far from here and you have to try it." I exaggerate.
"Heh, alright, just give me a minute, I need to let Taehyun know I'm using the truck." He reaches for his phone as he heads for the door. I grab his coat and wait for him.

"Taehyun, hey I'm going to be using the truck for a bit." Jungkook looks back at me. "Pizza place for Y/N." He then looks up and squints his eyes. "About an hour maybe?" Jungkook looks to me and nods for reassurance, and I in turn nod back. "Yeah, about that." He confirms. "Okay," He smiles. "I'll let you know when we get back to the campus." He pauses. "Okay, bye." Jungkook hangs up and puts his pocket and looks at me. "You ready?" He asks
"Yeah." I nod while handing him his coat.
"Thanks" He smiles as he opens the door for me.

When we got outside into the snow, I felt Jungkook slip his cold hand in between mine. I look up at him and he smiles softly, causing me to blush and look away. We began walking towards the parking and to Jungkook's black Chevy truck. He lets go of my hand and looks at his surroundings with a somewhat suspicious look before turning his attention back to the truck and opening the passenger side door for me.
"Thanks." I said as I got into the truck. Jungkook nodded and then closed the door. He then went to the drivers side and entered the truck.
"Do you want your seat warmer on?" He asks as he starts the car.
"What?"
"Seat warmers." He looks to me with a blank stare.
"Wait, you mean butt warmers?" I squint my eyes a little. Jungkook gives me a weird look.
"Is that what you call them?" Jungkook asks, still with a weirded out expression.
"Uh...yeah." I subtly nod. Jungkook giggles at me and turns on my butt warmer.

I told Jungkook where to go and we soon arrived at the Lenny's pizzeria. We head inside and are greeted with the fresh smell of sauces and cooked cheese. It smelled so good that my mouth began to water. The place was quite busy, which was normal. The line was somewhat long and almost every table and booth were filled by families and groups of college students. When Jungkook saw the line he leaned over to me and said,
"You sure you want to wait that long for pizza?"
I turn to him and smile.
"Don't worry, they're faster than they look." I tell him. Jungkook shrugs and we enter the line. "So what kind of pizza do you like?" I ask Jungkook.
"Well, I don't particularly have a favorite, but I usually go for Hawaiian pizza." He says casually. My eyes widened in excitement.
"Oh my gosh, same! I love pineapple on pizza." I admit happily. Jungkook giggles at my enthusiasm.

Within three minutes we were up at the counter ready to order. We order two personal pans of Hawaiian pizza. As I was about to get out my credit card I saw that Jungkook had already paid for the meal.
"Ah, Jungkook." I say as we stepped out of the line. "You didn't have to do that."
"Why not? I'm rich." He shrugs. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.
"I can pay for my own food, thank you very much." I pout.
"Heh, whatever." Jungkook smirks.
We waited a few minutes until the called our order. They were put into little to-go boxes and were given to us. We sat down, ate our pizza, and left.

The ride back to the campus was quiet but not uncomfortable. I just stared out the window and occasionally catch a few glances of Jungkook. He was smiling, but kept his eyes on the road.
"So what are you going to now?" Jungkook asks as we stop at a red light.
"Don't know, continue working on my homework, maybe text Beomgyu if he wants to hangout afterwards." I shrug as I continued to look out the window.
"Alright." His lips flatten. The light turns green and Jungkook lightly presses on the accelerator.

We soon make it back to the campus and we head for my dorm. I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watched. I know that Jungkook had this feeling too, because he held my hand slightly tighter than before. Jungkook and I quickly get back inside and into my dorm. We both sighed with relief when we did.
"I should uh...give Taehyun a call, to let him know we're back." Jungkook let go of my hand and went over to the empty bed to sit down. He got out his phone and called Taehyun while I went to sit on my bed and opened up my laptop. Jungkook let Taehyun know we were back and hung up while I continued on my assignments.

———

After several exhausting hours of homework, I finally got my assignments finished. Jungkook was laying on the other bed with his eyes closed, trying not to disturb me. I close my laptop and put it beside me before pulling out my phone to text Beomgyu.

_____

"Hey"

"Sup"

"You want to hang out?
I just finished my assignments
and I'm bored."

"Sure"
You want to meet up at the
commons?"

"Sure"

"K"
"See you in 10"

"Yeah"

_____

"Jungkook." I call to him, causing Jungkook to open his eyes and slightly turn his head towards me. "Beomgyu and I are going to meet over by the commons in about 10 minutes." I say as I take my phone off its charger.
"Hmm." Jungkook lifts up his head. "Okay." He says as he tiredly rubs his eyes.
'Why is he so cute?' I think to myself. "Anyway, I'm gonna head over." I stand up and go to the door.
"Well hold on now." He says as he swiftly grabbed my hand to stop me. I look back in surprise. "You can't just go off alone with Yoongi and Jimin still out there."
I was slightly annoyed by this. I know that Jungkook is trying to protect me, and I appreciate it. But to have him hover over me was starting to annoy me.
"Okay, fine, I'll wait for you then." I rolled my eyes. Jungkook give me a sincere look before standing up slowly.
"Y/N, Understand that I'm just trying to keep you safe." He says sweetly.
"I know." I snapped back at him a little, making him shake his head.
"I'm sorry," He releases my hand looks down. "I'm puppy guarding, I realize that." He shakes the back of his head. "I'll keep a little more distance then."
"It's not that." I turn back to him. "I think I'm just tired from doing homework." I partially lie.
"Oh, well...still," he continues to scratch his head. "I know what it's like for someone to hover over you, and I don't want to be that person."
"Look, let's just...head over to the commons." I sigh.
"Okay." His lips go flat as he nods. I offer Jungkook to hold my hand and he graciously takes it.

We head outside into the cold. There were small little snowflakes falling from above. Jungkook links his arm around mine and we began to walk through the snowy courtyard. When we reached the middle of the courtyard Jungkook stopped and unlinked his arm from mine. He takes one step forward and looks around.
"One of them is here." Jungkook looks back at me with worried eyes. And within a second, someone from behind snapped Jungkook's neck. I watched, horrified as Jungkook fell down onto the concrete, lifeless. The person who snapped Jungkook's neck was revealed to be Hoseok, who started laughing when Jungkook hit the ground.
"That's what you get for beating me at pool!" He laughed before looking to me. "How are you sweet kitten?" His laughter began to slow. I stared, terrified, taking a few steps back. "Aw, don't be like that." His laughter began to pick up again. Hoseok was suddenly only a few inches away from me and grabbed wrist.
"YAAH!" I started to scream but Hoseok covered my mouth with his other hand. His hands were outfitted with black winter gloves. I tried to struggle out of his grip but it was no use. He had an opened wide smile as he yanked me closer, continuing to laugh. He uncovers my mouth and moves his hands to caress my cheek, then moving down towards my neck.
"What's this?" He chuckles before grabbing the rosary from my neck. "Jungkook you clever son of a bitch." Hoseok gently takes the rosary from my neck and began to observe it. "Not a completely wasteful idea." He admits with a chuckle. "But this won't stop me." Hoseok drops the rosary before glancing over to Jungkook, who was still on the ground lifeless. Hoseok then slowly turned his head back to me and his eyes began to turn yellow. "Now, stay still for a moment will you?" He let's go of me and kneels down to Jungkook, searching his pockets. "Ah, here we are." He says before standing up. "Thanks for letting me borrow your truck." Hoseok mocked as he dangled the keys over Jungkook. Hoseok then turns to me with a wide smile. "Now, why don't you and I go have some fun."