Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Fatima Ezzahra, Austin, Jasper, Caitlyn, Nessie and Anne.

Days passed, and each day made her passion grow, before she finally decided to tell him, face to face... It was a Friday evening, she knew he was going to the club with his friends. So she went there as well. She was wearing a black short backless dress and red high heels. She looked both chic and sexy. When she arrived, he was already there, drinking with his buddies. As soon as he saw her, he moved towards her.

“What are you doing here?” He said.

“Well, I’m here for the same reason that brought you here, I want to have some fun. Besides, hello to you too.” She replied sardonically.

“Oh, sorry! Hi” Kissed her on both cheeks. “You could tell me that you're coming, I would’ve picked you up.” He added.

“Oh, I didn't think of that, besides, I didn't know you'd be here.” She said, with a witty smile. Of course she knew he'd be there.

“Yeah, well, then let’s go have a drink!” He took her hand and walked across the crowd.

“So, how was your week?” She asked.

“As usual, it was a very busy week, I’m glad it's over. How about yours?”

“Well, apart from being completely boring, I’d say everything was fine.”

“Oh, I can see. Well forget that now! We’re here to have fun, and so we will.” He handed her a glass of cocktail.

“Thank you.” She said, smiling.

“You look pretty by the way, I like the dress.” He complimented her, looking at her eyes.

“Thanks, you too are looking elegant, as always.” She replied, always with the large smile on her face. You could tell she's deeply in love. How he didn't notice, is what remained a mystery.

“Come, let’s dance.” He grabbed her hand again, taking her to the dance floor. She didn't say a word, she couldn't help but enjoy the moment, it was her night.

As they were dancing, he was putting his hands around her waist, as if he were playing on each of her nerves. She was flying, she felt like she owned the world. Most of all, she was happy. It was the first time she felt that he was hers, only hers. At that moment, she wanted to stop time, she wanted to stay there forever. Only them, together. After they finished dancing, they went to join the guys who were sitting there drinking and joking about each other. A moment later, she left to the bathroom. While coming back, a guy stood in her way. He asked her to dance. But when she refused, he took her hand. As she was trying to get away from him, Ethan saw them. Immediately, she found him standing next to her. He asked the guy to let go of her. But obviously the guy who seemed a bit wasted refused, so Ethan punched him in the face, took Emily's hand and walked away. As they were getting away, she felt extreme joy, it was like there was someone to defend her, someone who cared. And guess who, it was Ethan, the love of her life. She was really happy. After then, she told him that it was time for her to leave, so he offered to give her a ride back home, and she couldn't refuse. They left together, after saying goodbye to his friends. On their way, the silence was all over the place. And even if she wanted to talk, she didn't dare to say a word, she wanted him to say something, anything, but he didn't. And to avoid the awkwardness between them, he put some music on. And they kept silent along the road. As they arrived, they got out of the car, and stood there, one in front of the other.