Chapter 22

“Oh thank you, but you really need to stop that.” What am I doing exactly? Did I just tell him to stop? Seriously sometimes I have no idea what I’m doing.

“Stop what?” He pursed his lips.

“All this flirty kind of thing.” I dared to say.

“I’m not flirting with you.” He smiled mockingly, “I’m just citing things I like about you.”

“I know. But just don’t do this. You have no idea what it does to me.”

“What do you mean?”

This conversation is not really going as planned.

“I mean, it’s really good to know these things. And it’s really good to hear you say that. But whenever you say such thing, it leads me to suppose things, and to imagine things that will probably never be true.” I explained, emotionally.

He looked at me in a way that I couldn’t fathom. It contained both wonder and surprise. We had a brief moment of silent before he managed to break it.

“Can I ask you something?” He asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“What am I to you?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, what do I mean for you exactly?”

Oh My God! What am I going to say now? You’re the love of my life? Is this the right time for me to let him know about my feelings for him? Or should I wait more? And if so, how can I answer his question now? …Hundreds of questions started rolling in my head, and I hadn’t found answers for any. Why is it so hard for me to deal with this? I’ve never been here before. This is the first time someone makes me feel that way. It is the first time I fall in love with someone.

“I don’t know what to say.” I tried to save myself from the answer, but I knew that he wouldn’t let go.

“Say what you truly feel.” He commanded, serious as ever.

“Well, you know that you are a very dear person to me. The way you make feel…it’s something nobody has ever made me feel like. I don’t know how to put that in words. When I’m with you, I feel like nothing else in the world matters anymore. But then, it’s hard for me to know that there’s no chance for…” I swallowed, trying hard not to drop any tear. “Ugh, forget about this please. Sometimes I have no idea what I’m saying.”

“Hush...” he put his finger on my lips to silent me. Then put his hands on my cheeks and mumbled:

“It’s simple. You…” And before he got to complete his sentence my phone started ringing. I pulled back to see who’s calling. It was Sarah.

“Hey, Sarah, what is it?” I asked.

“Where are you?”

“I’m still out, what’s wrong?”

“You need to get here as fast as possible. Lena passed out, we’re taking her to the hospital right now.”

“Wait, what happened?” I asked, worried about her.

“Get here and I’ll tell you everything.”

“Okay send me the address. I’ll go there immediately.”

“Alright. See you there.” She said, then I hanged up.

“What’s wrong?” Ethan asked, as I finished the phone call.

“It’s my friend, she passed out. I need to go to the hospital right now.”

“Okay, let me take you there.”