Chapter 4

She was standing there, her tears down her legs, watching him leave. She couldn't move, she kept looking at the car till it disappeared in the dark. Finally, she turned around, and got in the house. Feeling lost as she was, she head straight up to her room, locked herself in, and started crying. She cried all night, she couldn't stop, and whenever she remembered what he said, she cried even harder. It was really too much for such a young girl to handle, but then, you can't blame him. She cried until she was tired, then she fell asleep.

She locked herself in for a couple of days. She didn't want to see or talk to anyone. She was crying all the time, and whenever she repeated the scenario in her head, she felt a little more broken inside. It was really sad for her to be rejected, especially from the person she loved the most. She used to have whatever she wanted, and she thought she might have him as well. But maybe she forgot that life doesn't play fair. Because life isn't a fairytale. And happy endings are few and far between. But then, all we can say, is that she brought that to herself. She was the one to choose to go on with it. She gave herself hope, and maybe she started believing that it might work, and that she might get him. She didn't prepare herself for this. She didn't suppose that it might end like this. She dreamt in pink, as if she was the one to write her own story. She wasn't, but she chose to believe it. Because, to her, it was better than the shocking reality. And then, all she had is a broken heart. And all she could do is pick herself up and move on. But moving on wasn't her best option, it wasn't something usual for her. What was worst is that she felt regret, and she thought that maybe she shouldn't have told him, because it didn't bring her anything but misery, and it did only make things worse. "You will never have me the way you want. And maybe, now you've lost me as a friend too." That phrase echoed in her head at the point of driving her crazy, making her cry louder and louder. She wasn't ready to lose him. She wanted to have him, all of him. Of course she wouldn't want to lose him. She cried till her eyes dried out. She couldn't help it anymore. They said it's a broken heart, but she felt that her whole soul was damaged. Like if there was nothing left of her. She wanted to go back and be the happy Emily, the one who was flying with joy back on the dance floor. She was ready to do whatever to relive that moment, to have that feeling again. She wanted to go back in time. Maybe, that way she could make things better, or she could avoid all the pain she was going through. Maybe, she was never going to be able to win his love, but at least, she wouldn't have lost his friendship. But then, we can't go back in time, and it is absolutely no use crying over spilt milk. She was hurt, but at the same time, she knew that she made a terrible mistake. It is true that she was mad at him, but this could never give her the right to say what she said. She had to deal with both heartbreak and guilt. And even if she hadn't healed yet, she wanted to make things right. She wanted to get things between them back to normal. Normal was doubtful, but an apology could always work, and it could always make things right again. But Ethan was really hard to please, he wouldn't let go easily. And for some reason, he might just stick to the snobbish mood. All I can say, she'd better be convincing.