Chapter 18

“Okay, now seriously, where are we going?” I asked again as he started driving.

“Can’t you wait to see?” He replied.

“No. Please tell me, where are we going?” Excited as I was.

“A place that you will love. That’s all I can say.”

“Fine!” I said, convinced that he won’t say anything more.

He looked at me and smirked. How can I even resist that? How can anyone do? … Honestly, deep down, I wished he was serious about kidnapping me. What could be better than taking me with him somewhere where there’s no one else, just the two of us?

“What is it?” He asked, interrupting my private reflection.

“What?!” I tried to figure out what was he talking about.

“Where did you go? What is it that you’re thinking about?” He added.

“Oh nothing…” I said.

“Okay, well the place is not very far.”

“Oh, that’s good, I can’t wait to see it.” I smiled. Then I added as I started checking the songs, “What do you have here?”

“Well, different kinds, check for your favorite.” He answered, at the meantime I was looking for a song to put on.

“This one is good.” I said.

“Yeah, I like it too.” He replied, always with the smile on his pretty face.

“And here we are.” He said, moments later.

“We arrived?” I requested.

“Yes.” He said, then we went out of the car.

“What’s this place?” I asked again, curious as ever.

“Well, this is the highest point in central London. Hampstead Heath, it is one of the best places for stargazing.” He finally answered.

“Wow, that’s amazing.” Enthusiastic as I was.

“Come, you’ll love it.” He took my hand and we walked towards the viewing spot.

“What’s this?” I asked.

“It’s a telescope.” He narrowed his eyes and smiled ironically.

“Well, I know it’s a telescope. I meant are we going to use it?” I explained.

“Of course we are going to use it. Otherwise, why do you think they are putting it here?” He said, always in a mocking tone.

“Well, I’m sorry, I haven’t done the stargazing before. Forgive my spontaneity.” I gave him back the same kind of smile.

“Your spontaneity is one of the things that I love about you.” He replied. I blushed, then he added, “Come, this way.” And we moved forward to use the telescope.

“Oh my God! That’s awesome.” I said as I started watching the stars.

“I told you you’ll love it.” He said back.

“The place is beautiful. Thank you Ethan.” I said, as we were walking on the hill.

“It is my pleasure. Besides, it’s your first time in London. It is my duty to make sure you have a good impression.” He responded, always in the most gentlemanly way.

“Well, I’m lucky to have you then.” I shook my head.

“Of course you are. Not everyone gets to have an awesome guide like me, not to mention being completely handsome and charming.” Always with the arrogant smile.

“Oh, get over yourself!” I said, then he laughed, and I couldn’t help but laugh back.

         We kept walking on the hill, then we sat on the grass and started watching the starts the traditional way.

“This is an amazing place. Thank you!” I said, my eyes sparkling.

“Well, that’s the least I can do. Besides, there are a lot of places here that you need to see.” He replied, with a large confident smile on his face.

“Well then, I can’t wait.”

“So, tell me, do you have something for tomorrow?” He asked.

“Not at all. I’m all yours.” I answered, then I added, “So, what is our destination for tomorrow, Mr. The guide?”

“Well, I am thinking tomorrow would be a perfectly cultural and artistic tour.”

“Sounds exciting.”

“Yeah…Well now, I suppose you had a long day and you need to go back to the hotel. So shall we?” He stood up, then gave me his hand to pull me up.

“Yeah, right. Even that the place here is amazing.  But I am really tired, and tomorrow is a big day.” I said as I got up.

         We head towards the parking lot, and I realized he was still holding my hand. It felt good. It felt awesome actually. It was like every nerve in my body was responding to his touch. He made me feel a way that nobody else could ever do. How can he have that much effect on me? Does he have this effect on all girls? I supposed he does. I mean, how can anyone resist this flawless man?

“And here we are.” He opened the car door for me, stopping my train of thought. And we both got in the car. As he started driving, I was having several questions running in my mind. But I couldn’t say a thing. We had an awkward moment of silence before I decide to speak.

“So, I haven’t asked you about your personal relationships lately.” I finally let it out.

“What relationships?” He narrowed his eyes.

“Well, you know.” I gave him that you-know-what-I’m-talking-about look. He Laughed mockingly then said:

“You know I’m single.”

I flushed, then he added, “Besides, I wouldn’t be out with you till this hour if I weren’t.”

“Oh, really? Well, I don’t think that your girl would mind if you go out with your best friend, would she?” I raised my eyebrow.

“Well, I don’t know about that. Would you? If you were her.” He gave me a quick glance then eyes back on the road. Always with that half smile on his face.

“Ah well, then I guess I’ll have to be her to find out.” I smiled, and he smiled back.

“We can never know.” He replied.

What did he mean by that? We can never know what exactly? And just like that, I had back those thousand questions running in my mind. Why does he do this to me? Doesn’t he know that every word he says makes me question things all over? I wonder if I have the same effect on him… Oh no, I surely don’t.

         After a while we he stopped the car as we arrived to the hotel where I was staying, he opened the car for me, and I got out.

“Thanks”, I said, politely.

He smiled, then I added, “Thank you for this wonderful evening.”

“It is my pleasure, miss.” He said, in his Forever-Gentleman way. “So, I’ll guess I’ll see you tomorrow.” He added.

“Yeah, sure”

“Great. Be ready, I’ll come and pick you up at ten in the morning. We’ll have breakfast and then we’ll start our tour. We don’t have to waste any minute of your time here.”

“Cool, sounds great.” I replied.

“Alright, good night then, sleep well.” He said.

“Good night.” I said back, then got in while he got back into his car and left.