A friend

Matt pov:

"Am so bored .." I said while releasing a deep sigh and starring throughout the window.
It's been almost 3 hours I've been attending this class and this time Mr David was keeping a close eye on me. I thought majoring in Theatre Art would be fun but here i was trying to escape this class but was glad that I'll be graduating next year.

Mr David finally closed his laptop which means class over.
I felt like a bird being set free from a cage but then i felt being put back in the cage again when Mr David called me.

" Mr Simon ...You wait..I've got a task for you. " He said while looking for some papers .

I tried to give him a very polite look and replied:
" Yes sir ..how can i help you?."

He suddenly submitted me some bunch of papers and started explaining.

" You go to the theatre room...some juniors will be performing a play...i want you to assist them and take all the reports..i won't be able to attend it so am entrusting this job to you."

I immediately responded

" But sir..why me? ...you can ask Miss Aliana she's really good at this ."

He looked at me and nodded then said:

" You're going to graduate very soon and I've barely seen you taking things seriously...Don't think that your handsome face gonna help you to get a degree
and i want to know what you really learnt ...Take this as a little assignment for you and better get me a good work..."

I sighed and realised that i had no other choice than to complete this job. I immediately went in the direction of the Theatre room.

Once i entered the theatre room i saw that the juniors were busy fooling around and then my eyes were caught on the front stage.

Two boys were standing there and their physical appearance were the opposite to each other. One looked really small and the other one tall with broad shoulders and then the spotlight light was suddenly on them . I could clearly see their faces now.

It was none other than Ray and Tony. Tony kneeled down in front of Ray and moved his right hand forward. His head was perfectly lifted upward facing Ray and Ray head was perfectly facing him . Then Ray held his hand without any hesitation and Tony said :

" Will you be my bride? I promise to love and protect you till my last breath.."

I felt it. I felt his emotions. He sounded like he really meant it. Being a Theatre student i know how difficult it is to portray a scene like this without sounding cheesy. He did it really well.

As for Ray he looked at him with a beautiful smile and replied

" Yes..."

And then some junior bursted into laughter while some started clapping and other making sounds like "oooohh"

Someone then shouted really loud.
" Are you two dating in real?"

I was still standing at the entrance door and watching this stupid lovey dovey things going on. Now i was curious about how they will respond to that question.

I saw Tony shyingly brushing off his hairs and it was Ray who replied.

" He's just a friend..nothing than friend." He said while laughing.

I looked at both of them and then quietly said to myself.

" Just a friend? Right.. friend..just a fucking damn friend.."