Betrayal

ray pov:

I slowly opened my eyes and Matt was just beside me starring at me. I don't know for how long I've been sleeping and what was the time.

I looked at him and he continued starring at me and suddenly said something

" Why did you choose him?"

Here he goes again with his confusing talk.

" Matt..what do you mean? " I said while looking straight in his eyes .

We were just beside each other and facing each other. Somehow we were feeling like we were connected to each other.

Matt then said:

" Ray...How would you feel if you caught the person you love having sex with someone else on that day you were ready and decided to confess?".

I was shocked.My eyes widen as if they were going to pop out. I could see the pain in his eyes .Then my mind was exploding with questions. Then a sudden realisation took over me. Last time he said that he had loved me first so did that mean i was the one....

I suddenly got up in shock and said to him

" Matt!!! That person was me right?."

He looked at me with blank expressions and didn't say anything . His silence said everything. It was me it was indeed me.

Then my heart started beating fast thinking that Matt probably knew the truth that i had hidden from him. I then said with a shaking voice.

" Matt....did you... know .....that i slept..... with someone ?"

He just replied:
" Yes.."

I felt like the whole world had stopped now. Matt was looking at me and i could feel like his eyes were screaming why..why..why?

I sat on the bed suddenly feeling a sense a guilty and regret. He knew it and i thought that he didn't. How can i be so dumb? I should have tell him everything .

Matt then said something that broke my heart even more.

" Do you remember the party at James house.?"
" I was not able to attend it on time because i was busy preparing to confess to you."

He then stopped. I could feel that he was trying hard to control his overflowing emotions and he continued.

" I had decorated our room with some scented candles and your favourite flowers...It was my first time doing such kind of things..."

" I was even ready to propose you in a filmy cheesy way but i knew my feelings were real and that what mattered the most. "

" I tried to reach you but you were not picking up your phone so i decided to pick you up myself from James party and i regret ...i regret doing it."

" Once at the party i searched for you everywhere but couldn't find you....i was started worrying but when i saw you in that room kissing someone else very passionately i...I....I....I was devasted..."

" I couldn't think of anything....Everything felt like falling apart...I was angry at the same time hurting with pain...i thought that you loved me also but i was wrong..."

" I left from there and when i reached the dorm room..i destroyed everything and got rid of them...and fell asleep while crying..."

" When i woke up ...it was still late at night and you weren't still there..."

My eyes were already filled with tears. I who thought that Matt was just jerk fooling around with woman had actually loved someone and that someone who was me broke his heart.

I became the real jerk unknowingly but i needed to explain myself. I can't let Matt think that I've betrayed him when i didn't.

I went close to him and hugged him and i said that i was sorry.