Accident

April 24th

I woke up and look to the other side of the bed and Cory isn't here. I had a day off but he didn't. Kind of sucks when that happens. I look to the clock and it's 10:00am. Wow I slept a lot! I don't remember the last time I had a full night of sleep. Usually someone page me or I wake up to puke. The bright side of pregnancy.

Well, I'm three months pregnant and everything is doing just fine, except for morning sickness. The baby is healthy. Actually, I have doctors appointment today at 2pm. Anyway, me and Cory might find out the gender of our baby today. And we agreed of telling the chief about our relationship after we find out the gender. When we have doctors appointments we are extra careful with people seeing us and we are tired of hiding, soon my baby belly won't be able to hide with large clothes like I do now.

Now is 1pm and I already had lunch, so I go take a shower and I wear just a loose dress to hide my small, but noticeable, baby belly. I am so in love with this baby that I can't wait for me and Cory being mommy and daddy. Adorable.

I'm in that place that I look to my life and think: that's it. I have it. I have the job of my dreams, I found the love of my life and we're starting our family. My life is all I dreamed. All I want. I get in the parking and go to my car, I leave the building and when I'm about 5 minutes away from the hospital, I only remember of hearing a horn.

Then everything went black.

Cory

I'm trying to take a nap in the on call room but I can't sleep, I'm with a feeling a weird thing in my chest like something happened. My pager started to beep like crazy with the number 911 and the feeling just got worst, weird.

I run to the ER and after putting the yellow scrub and gloves that they have in the ER. I go outside and see Dr.Agron, Dr. Rivera. Cardio, neuro and trauma, this person is terrible.

"Does anyone know what happened?" I asked them.

"Car against truck." Chord said.

"Damn, that's harsh." I said and the ambulance arrives.

"Unknown woman who was in the car. She has three broken rigs, signs of internal bleeding, her heart stopped twice and deep cut in her head so we believe that she must have a brain bleeding." The paramedic said and I got close to the patient and my heart broke in thousands of pieces and my eyes watered.

"Oh my God!!" I shouted and everyone look at me "That's not a Jane Doe, th-that's Lea! Dr.Sarfati!" I shouted looking to my girlfriend on that gurney.

"Oh my God." Dianna said and covered her mouth.

"I'm gonna page the chief." A nurse said and we take her to Trauma One. My girl, my PREGNANT girl. When I was looking her pupiles the chief walked in and was shocked when he saw how messy the room was. Everyone is nervous as hell. No one likes to lose a patient, specially this one.

"DR.MONTEITH, STEP BACK FROM THE TABLE!" The Chief shouted and I was shocked and took a step back with arms raised in redemption. What the fuck?

"What the hell, Chief?!!! That's Dr.Sarfati and she needs a neurosurgeon RIGHT NOW!" I shouted back to him.

"Monteith, you know the rules. Family DOES NOT operate family." He said and I was shocked. What the hell? How does he know that me and Lea are family?

"What?" Naya asked confused.

"MONTEITH OUT NOW." The Chief yelled and I take the yellow scrub and gloves and go out and he followed me.

"WHAT THE HELL CHIEF?!! LEA NEEDS A NEUROSURGEON AND I AM THE BEST IN THIS DAMN HOSPITAL!! DAMMIT!!! IM ONE OF THE BESTS IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!!!!" I yelled to the Chief and we are in the middle of ER so everyone is watching.

"MONTEITH CALM DOWN!! DONT YOU THINK I NEVER NOTICED?! SHE IS MORE THAN JUST A DOCTOR FOR YOU. SHE IS YOUR GIRLFRIEND AND YOU DON'T HAVE CONDITIONS TO OPERATE HER!!!" He said and my heart broke in a million of pieces. Not just because I can't operate her, is because the adrenaline stopped and the cold bath of water came. The love of my life in that room fighting for her life and I can't do anything about it. I break down crying. "Sit down here and try to breathe."

"I can't, I can't breathe. You're right, okay? She is my girlfriend. I can't breathe." I said choking in my tears and me both sit on a bed and he closed the curtains to people stop staring. "Please Chief, let me do this. For her, for me, for this damn hospital, for her family. And for...For..." I couldn't say it.

"For who?" Will asked me.

"For our kid... Lea is pregnant." I said crying. I know she was in that car cause she was coming here cause we have an appointment.

"She is what?!" He asked loud.

"Pregnant. Three months. She was coming here cause we had an appointment. We would find out the gender of our baby. We were planning tell you about everything tomorrow." I said crying really really hard, I don't think I ever cried this much in my life.

"I'm sorry Cory, but I can't let you operate her in this situation. Look at you, you're a mess. You're shaking, your hair is all messed up, you're not a surgeon right now...You're her family. Please just tell me one thing, you two broke the rule of not dating co-workers. This rule is just to avoid people to date cause we already had a big problem with surgeons that worked together. But I know that several doctors date in secret or hook up or whatever. Like you and Lea, I noticed that a few weeks ago the way that you two looked to each other then I saw you kissing her in your car before leave the hospital at night. Or Chord and Dianna, they don't try to hide that much. But between you Lea, is serious, right?" He asked and I nodded cleaning my tears and put my hand in the pocket of my white coat and take a little box from it and opened showing him an engagement ring.

"I was going to ask her to marry me today after the doctor said to us the gender. I actually planned to ask her in our a year anniversary but she told me that she is pregnant so I decided to ask another day. So yes Chief, is serious between me and Lea." I said still crying.

"We're gonna take care of her and your baby. The best thing you can do now is go to the waiting room and wait." The chief said and when I stand up and opened the curtains and it was the exact moment they were leaving the trauma room, I see her. The amount of doctors working to save her life and my heart broke. The chief put his hand on my shoulder. "I'm going to page Dr.Morris, from Neonatal. Then I will call her family and yours, don't worry." He said and I nodded and I watch as the Chief approach all the doctors and say a few things and they all nodded. And I watch them leave with my girlfriend.

I feel the sights of pity from basically everyone in that damn ER. Everyone heard when the chief yelled saying that she was my girlfriend so there isn't anything weird of me being crying this much. Gosh. Why? Why? Why this is happening to us? I supposed to be in go that damn car. Lea is an amazig person, she makes me wanna be better.

I go to the waiting room and sit there alone crying. Please, let the two most important people in this world be fine. Please.