On Call On Christmas | Part. 2

"Hey, did you paged?" I asked walking in the room and see Cory there.

"Yep." He said. "You saved the dude's life."

"What?" I asked confused and he show me the Jonathan's scans.

"Look at this, he has two aneurysms." He said. "I know he isn't a kid so this isn't you area but I thought you would like to see, cause clearly you two are intimate." I laughed.

"Don't be jealousy, he's gay." I said laughing and so did he.

"I know, I paged you also because I missed ya." He said wrapping his arms around me and pecked my lips.

"When is the surgery?" I asked.

"Tonight." He said.

"I thought you weren't on call." I said.

"Yeah but he needs the surgery quickly and Christmas would suck staying home alone watching television. I rather stay here cause you and our little one is here." He said and I smiled widely to him.

"Our little one is bored, slow day." I said and he laughed and pecked my lips. "But I gotta go back to the ER, I'm on charge today. See ya."

"Come watch my surgery later?" He asked.

"If I'm not busy, sure." I said and he half smiled and I pecked his lips and went back to the Emergency. When I get there, the phone started ringing so I picked up.

"John Hopkins Hospital Emergency, how can I help?" I said and the paramedic said that it happened a huge car crash and they were on their way. I paged all the doctors available, it was a group of teenagers that were having a race car competition on the snow and bam! It crashed on one another.

"Idiot teenagers!" Amber said getting outside. And I thought that it would be a boring day.

You can never say it's a slow day in the ER.

X

After a harsh night to everyone here, I finally finished operate the last teenager and when it was over, I'm exhausted. There was 10 teenagers, 5 in each car. And everyone is alive, thankfully.

My feet are killing me and my back hurts so much. 20 more weeks until I meet my princess, I must admit that I'm so excited.

"Hey!" The sweet voice of my husband echoed trough the hall and I turn around.

"Hey." I said. It's 3am, I just wanna sleep.

"Merry officially Christmas." He said and I smiled to him and peck his lips.

"You know the best Christmas gift you could get me?" I asked and he shrugged. "A massage, please, my feet are hurting so much." I begged pouting and he smiled.

"Of course." He said smiling and we go to the on call room and in the minute I sit on the bed I sighed relieved.

"Finally!" I said and he laughed. As he keep massaging my swollen feet we keep chatting about our days, he talked more because he did more stuff than I did.

"Oh my God." I said and I froze and he look at me confused.

"Are you okay? The baby? Are you having a premature baby?" He asked nervously and I chuckled softly and my eyes getting teary. "What? Are you crying? Don't cry!"

"Cory, she is kicking!" I said excitedly feeling our baby kicking.

"What?" He asked shocked.

"She is kicking! Our baby is kicking!" I said excitedly. "Give me your hand." I said and put his hand on where she's kicking and she started kicking again and he looked at me with a smile and he smiled big.

"She's kicking!" He said happily.

"She is!" I said as happy.

"This is so unreal, I can't believe there's an actual baby inside you right now. A baby that we made together." He said and I smiled.

"Oh trust me, it's really real that she's here. She let's me know with constantly twisting and now for the first time, kicking." I said laughing and he laughed and we kissed.

"I love you." I said and he half smiled.

"I love you more." He said.