Claire

Two Weeks Later

"Dr.Monteith?" Someone said and I turn around and see Claire standing there. She looks so weak, it breaks my heart. She still refuses the surgery and it breaks my heart knowing that she will die, her parents are suffering so much too.

"Claire!" I said and I hugged her and she hugged me back. I know we shouldn't get attached to patients, but Claire is different. "What are you doing here?" I asked surprised.

"I came to say goodbye." She said with a weak smile. "I'm going to Mexico and watch thw sunset. I always loved the beach and this is my last day here in Baltimore."

"Claire..." I sadly said with eyes getting teary.

"Please don't cry." She said chuckling softly. I remember when she got here months ago, she had this long hazel hair with green eyes and even in the worst circumstances she had a beautiful smile on her lips. Now she lost her hair but still have the magical eyes and the smile to die for. "I wanted to give you this." She said giving me a yellow envelope "But I don't want you to open now. When I die I made sure my parents will call you. I came to thank you Dr.Monteith, for be the most amazing doctor I could ever ask for." She said and hugged me tight and I responded.

"Are you sure, right? I mean, I can drag Cory from wherever he's right now and try the surgery." I said to her.

"100%" She said with a smile. "But I'm not scared anymore. I feel like I did everything I could and that I had a full life, I know I'm only 15 but I made it worth." Claire said.

"I'm going to cry." I said and we shared a laugh and my eyes are teary. "You're going to be missed, you're an angel."

"I'll miss you so much Dr." She said and we hugged again tightly. "Goodbye Lea."

"Bye Claire." I said and watch her leave and my heart was breaking with that.

I went to the on call room and I break down crying, I'm glad it was empty. Is so unfair, Claire is so young and brings so much joy in her heart that seeing her literally dying and not being able to do anything.

X
Five Days Later

"Babe! Your phone is ringing!" Cory shouted from the bedroom and I froze. It's sunday night and we're at home.

"Coming!" I said and left the kitchen and went to the room and picked up my phone. "Hello?" I said with my heart beating fast.

"Dr.Monteith?" I heard a voice like it was crying and my heart broke. It's Claire's father.

"It's her." I said sitting on the bed nervously.

"Oh Dr..." He said and broke down crying and I feel that I already know.

"I know..." I said feeling terrible inside. "When?" I asked holding my necklace.

"This afternoon...It was exactly how she wanted, she was watching the sunset and it happened. My baby girl is gone..." He said and broke down crying and I only could feel the tears streaming down my face. I only could think about my baby girl that was gone too, life is just so unfair.

We talked for other 10 minutes than hang up and I break down crying. Why this always happen? Why life is so unfair sometimes?

"What the fuck?! I just went to the kitchen to eat something and I comeback you're crying." Cory said and I look to him and he immediately came closer to me and gave me a tight hug. He's so protective, I know that he will do anything in the world to take care of me and our future family.

"Cory..." I said crying on his shirt.

"Can you please explain me what happened?" Cory asked petting my back softly.

"Claire just died." I said and he sighed.

"I'm so sorry, I know how much you two had a strong bound." He said cupping my face with his both hands and wiped my tears and we lay cuddling on the bed and he comfort me while I cry on his chest.

"You know what I can't stop thinking about?" I asked and he shrugged. "Our baby girl that was taken away from us so soon that we didn't even met her and I miss her. She supposed to be here. Why life is so unfair sometimes?"

"I don't know babe...I truly don't know. But being with you trough this whole time gave me a new perspective of life, you have to believe that things will turn out for the best. It's all we can do, sweetheart." He said.

"Thank you, for being THIS amazing." I said to him and he kissed the top of my head. Then I turn to the other side of the bed and grabbed the envelope and opened it.

"What's that?" Cory asked.

"Claire gave me to read after she died." I said.

Dear Dr.Lea Monteith,
If you're reading this, mean that I died. And I's like to thank you. You were one of the greatest people that I had the pleasure to meet trough my life. You are fantastic, not only as a doctor but also as a person. The days that you didn't had much to do and you could go rest or whatever, many times you stayed talking to me in my room because my parents were at work, you never let me feel alone and I'm so grateful for you. You have this bright light inside of you and I may say, the other Dr.Monteith was really lucky to find someone like you. I'm sure you'll make a lot of cute babies in the future. I know that I won't have the wedding or the graduation, but I had so much more. I got the chance to learn what life is actually about, I think everyone that is close to death realizes that. But I'd just like to thank you for doing so much for me and know that I'll carry you and your husband in my heart until my final days. You guys being opened to search a way to make the surgery just showed how big hearts you two own and never let thay go. Please, never stop having this big heart cause that is what make you two different from the others. Thank you for doing too much and never giving up on me.
Just thank you, for everything. I'll miss you.
-With love and care, Claire.

"She was something else, wasn't she?" Cory said and I look up to him and he's with teary eyes and I break down crying on his chest again and I'm feeling terrible right now.

"Yeah, she was." I said sobbing then a strong sickness hit me and I run to the bathroom and puke my guts out and Cory followed me.

"Shhhh, is gonna be okay. Claire is in peace now." Cory said and hold my hair and I puke again. "This is just the stress, you'll be just fine. Just try relax and calm down a little."

"Thank you." I said then I cleaned myself and he dragged me back to the bed.

"Relax, okay? I'll bring you some water." He said and kissed my forehead but I'm so tired that as soon he left the bedroom I fell alseep.