💎Prologue💎

"Arraahhh"

Sona's cries were lost beneath the thunder that roared loudly over the dark sky. The charcoaled coloured mist among the cloud expressed their anger through their electrifying lightening. She wished that the storm could wash her away like how it destroyed the innocent plants on the side..... She wished. She just wished that she was also destroyed like them.

But she couldn't..... because this time, she wasn't alone. She was fighting not just for one, but two lives. She looked down and hugged her stomach tightly.

"I never wanted this..." she whispered, tears dripping down her already drenched face.

Sona winced with each thunderous boom as they came crashing with fury in her ears. Holding her bulging tummy, she fought hard to regulate her breathing. Her breaths came in pants.

She was wet, cold and frightened, with every muscle aching inside her. She felt like someone was breaking all her bones with a single kick. The lonely night left her devastated with so many thoughts. A sharp pain pierced through her belly again, making it difficult to balance herself on her feet. She shuddered vigorously and her teeth grinded in anticipation.

Would she make it?

She tried looking out in the dark roads, trying to see if there's any vehicle that would come for her rescue. But her shimmering orbs couldn't seem to catch the sight of any help. She ran out of breath and her words were clipped by another oppressive boom. She hugged her stomach and this time, a loud cry of help left her lips.

She couldn't bear it. She couldn't survive the pain.... It was horrible and she felt drained. She wished she had someone with her at least to provide some moral support.... But unfortunately, this was her decision. She took it by herself and she wasn't going to blame anyone. If she was going to die like this, then she would never regret this.....

She was ready to face anything that life was going to throw at her. After all the losses she had faced in life, she was now ready to even face death alone. She wasn't afraid of death now....but there was one thing definitely nagging at the back of her head.

She walked slowly, ignoring the gushing rain and the life-threatening pain in her lower regions. When she walked a few steps ahead, she saw the big banner blinking on the top of the building.

Chandelier hotel...

The same place which embarked her journey on finding herself. Her eyes blurred and she rushed to get a shelter there. Walking further, her eyes desperately searched for help. She needed someone to save her in the crucial moment. Her phone had died, and the poor network connection was making everything worse. Technology failed to help her this time.

While she crossed over the flooding road, she spotted the same bus stop which changed her life in the past few years. She walked over and sat at the small bench with was covered with drenched leaves. Closing her eyes, she tried to supress the pain by taking deep breaths.

"Um...who are you?"

"Are you new to London?"

"Hey.......I promise, you can trust me! I won't kidnap you away...... Please come inside"

"Umm.......your car...........actually, I am fully wet. Do you mind?...."

"So why were you stuck in the rain alone......at this time Miss Sonakshi?"

She jerked her eyes opened. His voice gave jitters throughout her body, resonating so deeply with everything that she had. She could still hear his words echoing in her head. The beautiful memories were nothing but painful nightmares now. They vanished when she was asleep but once she opened her eyes and let the reality sink, she had no choice but to live and let in all the memories around her.