💎Chapter 60💎 - Precious Jewel

"I don't want this. I want you to marry me..... Just marry me. Let's g-set mmmm....m-married again. We need to marry a-again! I www-want a marriage from you, Dev! Please don't say no....Please, let's get married again. Please...." she cried, making Dev completely dumbfounded.

------------------

It has been fifteen minutes and none of them spoke. Dev was now dressed in his t-shirt and track pants, looking at Sona with a blank face. After the outburst, both of them were sitting on the bed opposite each other.

Dev was numb for a few minutes. He felt lost and completely speechless. When he told her the truth, he was already prepared for Sona's anger and disappointment. But what he did not expect, was the kind of words that came from her mouth. Wedding?

If it was any other times, he would have felt as though he was over the moon. But the way she said it now, pricked his heart like a sharp sword. It was as though she was begging him for something which was supposed to be said in happiness. It was his responsibility to be asking her. Had he become such a bad person in her eyes?

He had to save the pieces from his shattered heart to look at her face again.

"Sonakshi?" he lifted her face with his index finger and gave her helpless look. Her sobs were still raking out of her chest like a child who was vulnerable and sad. Looking at her, he was simply flabbergasted. All his words died at the back of his throat as he saw how red her face had turned.

"Sona, please relax sweetheart. Shh... relax. Breathe in, breathe out." He pacified her and slowly heard her sobs dying down.

Sona could not even face Dev after the breakdown. She felt so pulled down. Maybe it was not because of his one statement. It was a built-up pressure from the events that happened the entire day. She couldn't digest that she had been receiving so many questions from the world outside about her marital life while Dev was happily getting away with his 'bachelor' status.

Sonakshi slowly wiped her tears and rubbed her nose which were now bright red. She felt so much lighter and better after crying for this long. The minute her tears stopped she felt as though a heavy weight was lifted off her chest. Honestly, she did not know why she cried this badly all of the sudden.

"Dev, are we getting married again? I mean....ever?"

"Sona...." Dev sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I am so sorry that you had to keep on going with this. If anything, this is all my fault. We never spoke about how to express to the media about our marital status. Although you don't tell me, I know you are very hurt inside."

"Damn right, I am!" Sona frowned adorably.

"Come on Sona, don't get worked up. I know this is a hard situation to be, but please try to understand my situation too. Am I not trying? I wanted to make our wedding public, but with your anxiety and treatments going on, I was afraid it would affect your mental health. You were already so traumatised about marriages....so..."

"Come on Dev! I am trying to understand your situation too. I really am. But are you understanding my plight? Do you understand the kind of questions and worries I face every day?"

"I do Sona, but this was unexpected for me too. Usually my missions never went this far before."

"I don't care, Dev... You have to tell that girl about us. She has to know that you are in a committed relationship." Sona knew it was a childish move, but she just couldn't control her words.

Dev smiled and looked at her sympathetically.

"Telling her that I am married wouldn't change anything Sona......... Not just to this woman. But everyone out there." He said with no emotions. No matter how hard the truth was, he had to put his points clearly, so that he doesn't get the blame later on.