💎Chapter 12💎 - Hidden Reasons

(Flashback)

Sylvia stormed into her room angrily. Throwing her files aside, she looked at Dev with a murderous glare.

"Sylvia... Please tell me Sona is okay." Dev gulped and looked at Sylvia cautiously.

"Dev.... Didn't I warn you? Didn't I?" Sylvia asked furiously.

"Please Sylvia. I am sorry... I really am. When you warned me earlier, I took it lightly. But I never expected her to come to a decision like suicide...." Dev spoke with guilt.

"No Dev.... The problem is not about suicide. The problem is about Sonakshi's mental health. At the start of the pregnancy, I already warned you that she was not stable. She was mentally broken down and she kept having thoughts about self-harm. When I informed you, you were pretty confident that she wouldn't harm herself. But look!" Sylvia sighed and sat on her chair dejectedly.

"I really didn't expect this too." Dev's voice was filled with worry. His palms were sweating and he had to keep clutching his knees to support his shaking hands.

"Her stage is very critical, Dev... In fact, I wouldn't even blame her for taking this decision. It's beyond a person's control to fight with their brain. When Sona opened her eyes, she looks so dead from inside. I tried to have a session with her and the results.........are really bad." She said with a sad look.

"How bad?" Dev asked. He knew what Sylvia was talking about, but he was unable to see the exact problem.

In his department, he worked with psychiatrists before and he knew how to handle patients with mental health. But Sona's problem was least expected.

"She's having suicidal ideation." Sylvia expressed and Dev's eyes doubled its size.

"WHAT? But-"

"Yes Dev.... and her stage is pretty critical and she needs serious help. She will harm anything or anyone who comes by her way. She has lots of pent up anger and bitterness. In this mental state, I would not be surprise if she even kills someone on her way. It's really dangerous for people to be around her and with her.  Sylvia stressed and Dev took a deep breath.

"I don't think.....she will hurt others Sylvia. I mean.... I know her and she's not really capable-"

"NO Dev. It's not about her capability. When I said she's capable, I didn't mean her intentions. She can be a nice person. But she is capable of hurting others blindly in the heat of the moment. She would not even know what she's doing and why she's doing it. Her blood pressure is pretty high and that's another huge risk for her baby. I cannot assure you her safety as of now, Dev. And what worries me more is that the safety of her child. She definitely needs more monitoring." Sylvia said and Dev froze.

"What can I possibly do? I have people monitoring her.....but for the child" his hands shuddered and he felt hopeless.

"I can't believe that she went to such extents..." Dev spoke and Sylvia huffed.

"Come one Dev... You should be proud that with this condition, she still manages to fight with her nightmares and go to college with a strong heart. I am in fact surprised that she didn't try suicidal ways earlier....." Sylvia stated as a matter of fact.

"What? How can you say that?" he grimaced.

"Dev... You have to understand that she's facing lots of humiliation in the public. You know what that means? Maybe you have not faced that, so you don't know how that feels. But for Sona, humiliation activates a part of her brain which affects her ten times harder than what happiness does. Your rejection had already triggered her active pain cells. Next...the embarrassments she has to face in public forced her to suicide.