💎Chapter 27💎 - Devastating Party!

For those who missed my feeds, I won 1st prize on the Inkitt competition for Bleeding Roses. For those who still didn't read it, please read and comment. It's only 9 chapters. I would appreciate some comments and feedbacks there😘😘😘

---------------------------

Dev stepped inside the party with a foul mood. Not that he did not enjoy the lavishing place, but his mind was not present with him. His heart and mind were constantly at war, with his heart winning in the end.

Dev calmly avoided the crazy media who were swarming around him with the help of the escorts there. There was a waiter who soon assisted them.

"Dev, any drink for you?" Sasha asked with a huge smile, looking at Dev being distracted. She had wrapped her arms securely around Dev's biceps, making him feel a little claustrophobic.

"Hmm.. something non-alcoholic, please." Dev smiled back.

"Why not? You used to drink alcohol, right?"

"Well, I am taking medicines and I am not supposed to drink now." Dev breathed out, getting tired of giving explanations to Sasha.

In the meantime, he saw Arjun and Sonakshi making way inside the party from the other entrance. However, the moment Sonakshi stepped in, Dev heard a huge chaos in the place. He did not know whether it was his imagination, or the people around were just too nosy. They seemed to recognise her better than him.

Sonakshi walked in as slowly as possible. She thanked the stars that Arjun was keeping up with her tortoise-like walking speed. But she couldn't help it. As they neared the venue, her heart started panicking all over again. She had to remind herself that it was not just a normal party, but a film festival. A private one to be exact.

The paparazzies were going crazy while Sona tried her best to give her standard poker face for every photo taken. Only god knew what was going to be written about her the next day. But she couldn't care less. She already heard the worst and there could be nothing more to hurt her, as far as media was concerned.

"Why is there so much of chaos, seeing Sonakshi?" Dev asked, turning towards Sasha.

Sasha looked at the side and her eyes dimmed. She just looked at Dev and squared her shoulders.

"I don't know... maybe because the media is seeing her after so long. That too....in a film festival like this?" Sasha asked, more like a question.

Dev sat in a round table, fiddling with his handphone. Sasha took a seat next to him and helped him answer the waiters. She also updated him with the recent changes that have taken place in the film industry the past two years. Dev was thankful of having her near him.

However, once in a while his eyes drifted towards Sonakshi who stood in one corner of the party, looking bored and uninterested. He spotted Arjun bringing her a drink and soon there was a smile lifted up in her lips. Dev unknowingly smiled as well.

Her smile was the most precious thing he had ever seen. Sunshine.... He still remembered his endearment that he had for her. As he watched them laughing at something, suddenly Arjun was pulled out by a producer who walked there. Dev looked at Sona who persisted Arjun to proceed.

After five minutes, she was alone again. Sipping her drink, she looked down at her phone and sighed. Dev felt the urge to walk there and stand with her. Maybe disturb her as well. But Sasha's talks distracted him again.

Everything was going well, until.....

Until a man walked towards Sona while she was alone. It took approximately ten minutes for Dev to realise that Sona had a company. In his peripheral vision, he could not see who that person was since he was facing the person's back. But he could watch Sona's expression.