💎Chapter 31💎 - Troubles Knocking

(Four days passed...)

"Why didn't you tell me that Dev spoke to Abhi in that party?" Sona questioned, sipping in her coffee.

"What do you expect me to say? You were already agitated with Abhi's nuisance and I didn't want to bother you further. By the way, if situations went out of hands.... I would have told you. But thankfully, I was there just in time to-"

"No Arjun. No.... You didn't do anything to solve it. The longer we hide the truth, the harder its going to break him." She stated with fear in her eyes.

"What do you want me to do then? Let him find out from Abhi?"

"NO! I want you to tell him. I mean....he rather hears it from us than others." Sona said with a sad face. Arjun gave her an unbelievable look. He wasn't the one who came up with the entire hiding idea.

Sona was the one who clearly stated that Dev should remain in the dark for a few days. What changed her mind?

"Well, you told us not to tell him anything, right?"

"Yes, but that doesn't mean we hide it forever. I think he is stable enough now....to hear some truths. Don't you think so?"

"What truths?" Asha's sudden appearance scared the shit out of both of them. Sona let out a deep breath when she realised that it was only Asha.

"Maa, you could have knocked!" Arjun grunted frustratingly. He was thrown away thinking that it might be Dev.

"What? I just came in to check Sona and Simi. How would I know that you are here too?" she asked in dismay. Turning towards Sona, she cocked an eyebrow.

"Sona.... What truth do you want to tell Dev?" she asked harshly, making Sona flinch. She had never heard Asha speaking to strictly to her before.

"I... um... actually, I thought that we should tell Dev about his past. About h-his brother-"

"Are you crazy Sona? What's wrong with you? Can't you see that my son is just getting his happiness back? Why do you want to spoil it so fast?" she asked and Sona felt like a bucket of water was splashed on her.

"Maa-" Arjun cut her in.

"Shut up Arjun! I need to have a word with her before she spoils something else." She retorted, making Arjun's jaw drop in dismay. What was wrong with Asha?

"Maa, he's been asking me for some time and I don't think I can lie with a straight face any longer. I am-" Sona started but Asha just showed her palms for Sona to stop.

"Don't do anything Sona. For god's sake, I beg you. I know that you have become heartless and cold ever since so many things happened to you. But my Dev isn't like that. He still has a heart of a child and I see the innocence that he has lost, after so many years. I can't see him breakdown again." She exclaimed, making Arjun blink in turmoil.

"Maa, calm down. What's wrong with you? I mean.... Sona has a valid point."

"No Arjun. You don't get it! Have you seen how Dev has become after Tarun's death? You were with him day and night! He was destroying himself and it took all of us to help him out of it. Are you ready to face that again?" Asha yelled and Arjun became stressed with time.

"But....he has to know one day, right? I mean... how long can we hide? If he gets to know from Google or some random stranger, it will kill him completely. He will lose the trust he had on us." Sona said with a heavy heart.

"But we won't let that happen! I mean, let's wait till he gets back his memory....please?" Asha asked and Sona was dumbstruck.

"Maa, I know that you are stressed. But see.... What more lies can we say if he asks about his brother?" Sona questioned and Asha's face reddened.