💎Chapter 40💎-Putting Efforts

Dev woke up with a terrible migraine. He felt like his entire body was floating on air. His head spun around as he struggled to walk straight. Freshening himself up after what seemed like hours, he walked out to see how Sona was getting ready for work.

He still recalled what she had said last night. The unsettling feeling that he had inside rushed back. Looking at Sonakshi, he cleared his throat until he caught Sona's attention.

"Do you remember the conversation we had last night?" Dev asked and Sona gave him the world's most confused look. Honestly, everything that happened last night was wiped out from her mind due to her sleepiness.

"Um... nope. I was too sleepy. Guess I dozed off even before I knew.... Did you tell me anything?" she asked nervously.

Dev just shook his head and walked up to her lazily. She looked simply stunning for someone who was going work early in the morning.

She was dressed in a white collared, Pokka-dot shirt with netted puff-sleeves, which came with a formal tight-fitting black skirt. She looked absolutely breath-taking, classy and professional. Dev had no words to describe the amount of attraction he was feeling towards her.

 Dev had no words to describe the amount of attraction he was feeling towards her

When he walked up to her, she was busy wearing her watch on her wrist. She did not notice him, but Dev was observing every single facial expression of hers with care.

"Are you going anywhere?" he asked randomly. Sona looked up at him and gaped widely.

"Do I look like I am getting ready to go out?" she asked and Dev just shrugged.

"I don't know. You look too glamorous for a hospital."

"Does that mean that doctors don't have to look good? Just because we wear white coats, you wanted me to walk around with a t-shirt and jeans?" she wiggled her brows and placed her hands on her hips.

"What? When did I say that?" he blinked at her innocently.

"Hmm... I wonder what's going on in your mind these days."

"Nothing much. I wonder why I didn't get doctors who looked this glamorous." He mumbled and Sona smiled at his words. She was just teasing him, having her own fun while looking at his annoyed expressions.

"Actually, I am going out with Tara after work. I wanted to buy some things and I wanted her to accompany me. I hope you don't mind?" Sona asked and Dev turned around so fast.

"Why? Buy what?" his brows drew together.

"Buy things that I need."

"What things?"

"Just things." Sona was firm on her answers.

"I am sure your 'things' have a name?"

"No, it doesn't."

"I can come with you if you want?" Dev suggested and Sona shook her head.

"No. I want you to rest. So, please forget about going out and stay at home. Your mum has taken leave after all... have a good time with her." Sona waved and Dev stopped her again.