💎Chapter 3💎- Missing My Other Half

"So.... What exactly happened?" Doctor Sylvia asked.

"I don't know Sylvia.... I woke up from a bad dream and suddenly I felt a sharp pain on my stomach. When I looked down, I was bleeding.....after...after that, I don't remember what happened. I guess I passed out..." Sona mumbled softly.

"Look Sona, I am telling you again. The truth is..... you didn't bleed." Sylvia said softly, making Sona's eyes widen. She looked at the doctor with bewilderment.

"What do you mean by I didn't bleed? Are you trying to say that I am lying?"

"No... I am not saying anything like that. What I am saying is..... You didn't bleed. What you saw last night, was your imagination. Nothing happened, but your mind is forming imaginations of blood and accidents around you. I swear this isn't the first time it happened Sona." Sylvia spoke in a warning tone, making Sona anxious.

"No....I am sure I was bleeding. I even felt the blood in the stomach. The blood was everywhere....the child-"

"What child?"

"Huh?" Sona looked up, like she was caught red-handed. Sylvia quickly noted down the relevant points in her notebook.

"Did you see a child next to you?" Sylvia selected her questions carefully.

"Um....no it was that dream."

"So.... You want to tell me what your dream was about?" the doctor questioned again.

"..........um.... no. I would like to keep it to myself." Sona looked down while the doctor sighed.

"If you are uncomfortable with sharing, that's okay. But was your nightmare related to any of your real life incidents, Sona?"

"I don't know."

"Did you dream........... Recalling your labour pain....or anything towards the day you gave birth?" Sylvia asked.

The moment the question was thrown, Sona's face turned white like a chalk. She clutched the sides of the chair in her hand, able to see a ghostly reflection of her whole journey infront of her eyes. The journey of how she gave birth....the journey that gave her so much to cherish, yet ended up in pain.

She looked past her own dreary eyes and stared upon the faces that she wanted to forget. She knew that this was the imagination that the doctors dreaded. She knew.....

"I don't know......" she breathed

"Why are you so adamant Sonakshi. Why do I see lies in your eyes? I am trying my best to help you here. But you aren't cooperating and you're making this sessions difficult for me. You are a doctor yourself, right? I thought you would be able to understand and react better. Why are you making it difficult for yourself? You know that you can't hide anything from your psychiatrist, right?" Sylvia placed her pen down and glared at Sona.

"But I don't want to share..."

"Unless you let it out, you can't be cured....."

"I don't see where this is going." Sona answered with her face still facing down.

"What happened on your labour day?"

"I don't know..."

"Of course, you know Sonakshi."

"But I don't want to say...."

"If you don't share then I can't help you. You will still get these dangerous nightmares and the next one might be even worse. What if it endangers your life?"

"Still.... I don't want to say." Sona looked up into Sylvia's eyes and saw the pity-filled expression.

"At least tell me what thought triggered you to see such things... So that I would be able to prescribe you the appropriate medicines." Sylvia spoke in a pleading voice.