💎Chapter 15💎 - Turning Point

Arjun placed a hand on his forehead and sat tiredly outside the ward. It had been three hours since Sona fainted in his arms. She just took him by shock when she collapsed like that. He knew he had frightened her when he screamed like that, but what could he do? He was just too stressed to deal with everyone patiently.

To add on to their misery, Simi had been crying vigorously for the past one hour and none of them could control her. They had to bring down their helper to the hospital just to take care of Simran. Arjun could not even look at the poor child's face without feeling a wave of sadness.

Both her parents were in the hospital, suffering from trauma. But the child had no clue about it. She was simply missing her parents...mostly Dev, of course.

Sona and Dev were being treated, with Dev bearing a greater risk of losing his life. As hard as it is to think about that, Arjun still had to mentally prepare himself for that possibility. Even the doctors had been giving warning bells, making Arjun feel horrible.

Dev was shot multiple times, stabbed on his back with a knife which slightly brushed his spinal column. He was also beaten up brutally and there was heavy bleeding from the back of his head, probably from an ugly fall. Too much blood was lost and doctors had stated that the chances of saving him were slim.

As for Sona, her blood pressure shot too high, giving her a dreadful anxiety attack. Thankfully she went unconscious while being in the hospital... If she was at home, chances of her dying during her journey to the hospital was higher. That's what that cruel doctor told Arjun. He didn't know if he should feel happy about that small information or grim at their misfortune.

Sona had spoken about Karthik invading her house... He didn't know whether she really said it or he was just dreaming. Maybe that was what the codes meant. So was the intruder Karthik? How could Karthik enter London? If he did, then where was he now? If he had attacked Sona, then how did she escape? What happened to him? Was Dev's attack related to Karthik's team?

"Sir.... Sir, he's awake and he wants to meet you. He's hyperventilating..." A nurse rushed out and panted, looking at Arjun.

Arjun didn't know how to react. He pushed his legs as fast as he could and ran inside the ICU. His eyes could only see Dev, who was breathing heavily under the oxygen mask. The doctor there signalled Arjun to move forward calmly.

Composing himself properly, he walked steadily towards the bed. Touching Dev's hands, he felt his friend shivering at the lightest touch. He looked like he was in extreme pain and agony.

"Dev...." Arjun whispered softly, only to see Dev's eyes diverting towards him slowly. His eyes rapidly widened and his fingers trembled. It was as if Dev was trying to say something desperately to Arjun... Arjun held his hands and looked at Dev expectantly.

"It's okay Dev... everything is under control. You will come strong from everything, won't you? Sona, maa...everyone are waiting for you. Please don't give up. I know you won't but please..." Arjun's eyes teared and he tried his best to hold control.

"Hhh...hhhhh.....Jjo....jordonn.....t-team......" Dev breathed harder, trying to get his words out of his mouth. Arjun clenched his eyes shut.

"Our team is working on it. He's alright Dev... he's alright. Please don't worry about anyone. Just relax and focus. I will take care of everyone here. Don't stress yourself." Arjun forced those words out of his mouth.

He felt like the worst person for lying at that time, but he didn't have any choice. Arjun was scared of saying the truth as it may worsen Dev's state.

Because Jordon was not okay at all. His state was hundred times worse than Dev's.... but Arjun knew that it was a bad idea to express that to Dev.