💎Chapter 37💎- Coming Closer

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god..." Sona kept mumbling continuously until Arjun was forced to shut her off.

"Sona, I am sure if you keep up this pace, you will have a heart attack soon. Calm down yaar!"

"Did you see that? DID YOUUU?????" she squealed and Arjun had to control his grin.

"Yes, I saw. His fingers are moving, eyes twitching, tears falling and toes wriggling..... It's been like this for a week now. But his eyes aren't opening!" Arjun sighed and slumped down on his chair.

Sona's face deepened in a frown and she looked at Arjun with a confused stare. Shaking her heads, she smiled and sat next to him.

"Gosh, Arjun you're so dumb!" she remarked.

"What did I do???" he whined.

"If a person is in coma, opening your eyes doesn't mean he's awake." She smiled brightly while Arjun's eyes narrowed at her.

"What are you talking? I don't understand....?"

"What I mean is, the term awake is used here only when a patient is mentally awake. Do you know that people who opened their eyes can still be under coma? Their nervous system shut down and they would never respond to your words or actions even if they are able to move some parts of their body. That's worse. But now, Dev's case is different. His mind is alert. He can hear us, feel us, react to pain and so many things. The last step would be to wake up physically too.......and jeeeezzz, I can't wait." Sona screamed, almost blasting Arjun's ear-drums apart.

He had never seen Sonakshi this excited in his life. She was smiling ear to ear and it swelled up his heart. Sonakshi's smile was indeed precious, just like how Dev had mentioned all the time. Her smile was what made Dev fall deeply in love with her. He named her sunshine because of her beautiful smile.

But the problem was she never used that smile properly!

"So, what's next Sona? Try reading another poem, or give him a kiss.... He may wake up?" Arjun suggested and Sona rolled her eyes.

"I don't take advantage of my patients. And trust me, I read the whole book, Arjun! You won't even believe it..." she chuckled and her eyes suddenly enlarged when she remembered something.

"Oh god, I forgot to fetch Simi from the care-taking centre. Shit, it's already five minutes late." Sona didn't even give Arjun another glance. She sprinted from her chair and dashed outside, leaving Arjun gape widely.

He had no idea how his poor friend trusted Sonakshi with Simi. Sona was a child herself and she was more like that irresponsible parent who would lose their kid in the market. Arjun also recalled Dev's letter where he requested him to take care of Sona.... Probably that's the heaviest promise anyone could have asked for. How did Dev even think that Arjun would be able to handle his crazy wife?

He will never get used to her clumsiness.

--------------------

Asha did not know how long she was staring, but her eyes just couldn't get enough of her son's image. She could still picturise him smiling, laughing and speaking to her normally as if it happened yesterday. She held his fragile palms in her hands and smiled as she felt his hand holding her back weakly.

She still recalled how Dev took his first step as a child, while holding her fingers.

He could now do minute movements, which stated that he was recovering well. But she did not know how he was going to respond when he wakes up. She did not know if they were prepared to face him when he was awake.