💎Chapter 39💎-Beautiful Night

Sonakshi carried Simi outside the car, careful enough to wake up her sleepy pumpkin. Simi was still in deep slumber by the time they were back at home. Her cheeks were pasted on Sona's shoulder, with eyes closed and her steady breaths hitting Sona's nape. The car drive, gave Simi a motion sickness and got Sona worried that she may throw up due to that. But thankfully, she slept halfway through the journey.

When Sona walked inside the house, Asha was the first to greet her. Sonakshi pursued her lips in a thin line.

"How's she?" Asha asked with lots of anticipation.

"She is fine. Just gave her an injection.... She will be fine when she wakes up." Sona answered, throwing her purse on the couch. Asha quickly carried Simi from Sonakshi's arms and cradled her lovingly.

"Did she have anything to eat before she slept?" Asha asked and Sona just nodded.

"Oh... I was just worried she was going to sleep hungry." Asha smiled to herself as she caressed Simi's fringes off her head. Sona kept looking at them and waited for Asha to respond. In fact, she was starving as hell and she did not even have lunch due to her crazy schedules.

"Sona, I will keep her with me tonight... Is that okay?" Asha asked and Sona just blinked at her a few times.

"Okay." She replied, feeling exhausted. To be honest, she disliked the idea of being away from Simi when she was sick. But right now, that was the only option that felt right. After all, Asha had more experience and she would do a good job of taking care of Simi... buts still urghhh.

"Thanks." Asha smiled and turned away.

Sona took a deep breath and looked at Asha sadly. She was having a migraine and she did not have enough energy to speak to anyone. She saw Asha walking inside her room with Simi and sighed. What went wrong with them? She missed the Asha who once treated her like a daughter.

Sona walked to the kitchen and noticed that the pots were empty. Great! 

After she was done, Sona marched her way back when she noticed the calendar on the side. Her eyes slightly narrowed as she kept blinking at the date. It was a few days down to Dev's birthday. She bit her lips recalling how she had never celebrated his birthday before. It was only him who had done a lot for her. Now was her turn.

It was not that she did not want to celebrate his birthdays before. Just that the first time his birthday came, they were at Narela while Sona was hospitalised. The second time was when he was out on a mission. By the time the next birthday came, they were already separated. Sona had an uneasy feeling even when she recalled those times.

Due to her rotten childhood, she had never seen how a proper birthday celebration even looked like. She saw it all only when Dev celebrated hers.

Sona walked to the guestroom and took all the clothes which she needed for that night. Half of her things were still there and she had a lot of shifting to do. Although she wanted to sleep in the guestroom the first day, she did not dare to do that. Dev had strictly ordered her to move in with him the minute he spoke to her that afternoon.

She was scared to how Dev might feel if she denied him. He already was so hurt when she expressed that they needed space. She did not want to upset him over such petty issues again. He did not even like the idea of their separation. He was displeased to know that she was in the guestroom all these days.

Dragging herself upstairs, Sonakshi stopped outside Dev's room. She didn't know what scared her this time. Everytime she entered the bedroom, she had to face some kind of war. This time, she had to console herself that everything was going to be okay. They were back to normal.