💎Chapter 7💎- Dangerous Mission

"How did you know my address?" Sonakshi's voice echoed in the car while Vikram looked at her with a muffled grin.

"Are you that oblivious Dr Sha? Seriously?" Vikram parked the car and turned to look back at her.

"What? I just asked you a simple question." Sona repeated.

"And I am answering you!"

"Look, if you are not going to answer my question... I am going to call the cops." Sona picked up the phone and quickly rushed out of the car.

"Woah wait..... Don't take any rash decisions!" he exclaimed, quickly following her behind. "Dr Sha!!! Please wait. For god's sake, I live in this apartment too!" he shouted.

"What?" Sona stopped in her tracks and slowly registered his words.

"Yes, and for your kind information, I live just one storey above you....." He fake-smiled with sarcasm dripping in his tone.

"Why haven't I seen you then?" Sona blinked confusedly.

"That's because you live in your own world! You know what? Actually I am more surprised than you, that you didn't know I live here..... Wow, I expected better than that." he spoke sadly, looking offended.

But Sona was least bothered. She just gave him a doubtful look and walked forward. Her mind just gave her too many déjà vu. She was not someone who trusted people easily. Moreover, pleasing Vikram was least of her worries. Looking back at her phone, she quickly went to press the button for the lift.

"Wow, and I don't even get a thanks?" Vikram covered his mouth dramatically when he reached the lift lobby.

"Thank you so much.....umm....Vignesh?"

"What the heck? Who is Vignesh?"

"What now?" Sona rolled her eyes while Vikram glared at her.

"Nevermind.... Just forget it!" Vikram brushed her away and waited for the lift with a frown. He was so upset that Sonakshi even forgot his name. He remembered everything about her, but she didn't even remember his name.

How rude?

When the lift arrived, both of them got inside silently. When Sona looked up, Vikram's sulking face, grabbed Sona's attention. Somehow his expressions just made her lips curve upwards. He was annoyed like a small kid...

"Okay sorry... Vikranth, right?..... wait wait.... Its...Vikram?" she tried recalling and finally got it right. Her confused tone somehow cheered up Vikram.

"Yea...well.... you can call me Viki if you want. By the way, next time...please be aware of your surroundings. You never know....you may need a larger help and you can't be calling some random Vignesh." He winked, which made Sona completely stunned.

"Excuse me... thank you so much for the drive, okay? I am capable of doing my own tasks, so I don't think I need any neighbour's help again. Not Vignesh or Viki either." She huffed and stepped out of the lift when her level came.

But before she walked away, she turned around. "And dare you wink at me again, I will have to remind you that I am well practiced in martial arts!"

-------------------------------

"Dev, you ready?" Arjun questioned silently as he walked down the lane.

Dev quickly adjusted his bullet-proof vest and checked that his gun was safely secured. His heartbeat quickened and he looked around carefully. Making sure that no one was around, he got out from his hide-out and signalled Arjun.

"Arjun, stay behind.... I will check and inform you." Dev spoke, but Arjun was stubborn. He refused to let Dev inside the mansion alone, knowing that the most powerful mafia gang was having a meeting inside.