💎Chapter 43💎-Deepest Fears

"Are you angry with me?" Dev asked, looking at the shivering frame of Sonakshi. She was looking at the big screen with a blank face. She did not faint after that kiss, but her legs almost gave away. Dev noticed that her lips almost turned white and she became breathless for a few seconds.

But as he steadied her with his slow and cautious gestures, she was able to overcome that in a few minutes. It was not as bad as he had imagined.

Now they were inside the movie theatre, waiting for the movie to start. But Dev's concern was more on Sona's mental state. She was still shuddering from the effect of that public kiss outside. Maybe he shouldn't have done it too quick, but her condition was bothering him more.

Dev felt extremely bad for threatening her with Sylvia, but he couldn't help it. Deep down, he knew that Sona could not handle any public display of affection. He was aware of that and he did not want to run away from the problems like Sona. He wanted her to face it together with him.

The minute, he mentioned about Sylvia, her face contorted in terror. He did not know what was so terrifying about the treatments or Sylvia. Maybe he should chat with Sylvia before he brought her there.

"Sonakshi, I am sorry." He whispered, seeing her poker face. That face suited him more than her. A small smile crept up his face when he saw her cheeks still painted red.

"I am not angry or upset. So don't ask any sorry." She replied monotonously and kept playing with the popcorn on her hand.

"Then drink this... come on, don't keep a long face." He gave her the bottle of her favourite ice-tea. She took it from him and sipped it slowly.

"Are you feeling better now?" he asked her while his fingers combed the hair back that was blocking her face.

"Yes."

"Are you sulking?"

"I am not sulking, Dev. Which part don't you get it? I said I needed time. T.I.M.E. Time! You can't do all this in a flash and think that I will be okay with it. You just kissed me in the middle of a crowd!"

"Correction. I kissed you while we were exiting the underground carpark."

"People were still watching!"

"Who cares?"

"I care and I am definitely not okay with that!" Sona was devastated. Every action of his was scaring her now. He was opening up all her wounds and getting it exposed in the air. She was totally not ready for that.

"I know that you aren't okay Sonakshi. I know..... That's what I am trying to prove."

"Prove what?"

"That you need the treatments more than you think. You keep saying it's fine, but you're not. You may not realise it, but the people around you realise the difference in you. It's hard for us to see you like this. It's difficult Sona." He said while Sona gritted her teeth.

She was grinding her teeth so hard that Dev thought that she was going to break it.

"So, you're telling me that I am difficult? What did I do? Is this what everything was about? Bringing me out.... going on a date and stuff, and telling me that I am difficult? You just wanted to prove me that I am mad, right?" she asked, looking straight into his eyes. Dev gave her an equally hard stare. He was not intimidated or scared anymore.

In fact, nothing really scared him further. He already tasted the worse in life and he did not want to give Sona the satisfaction of answering what she wanted. It was time she listened to what he wanted as well. He felt that she should focus on her health now, which will not just benefit her but also the others.