💎Chapter 61💎- Big Day

"Sona, please stand still. This dress is so damn tight. Are you sure you can breathe?" Tara mumbled as she fixed Sonakshi's zip behind. Tara could not believe that the wedding was so private unlike the previous one. Sona's dress was nothing grand or fancy for a wedding. It was a simple and elegant, just like Sona liked.

This time, Dev had no say in the wedding. He had handed over every decision to Sonakshi. Even the rest of them at home agreed to listen to whatever Sonakshi said for the wedding. Everyone only wanted Sona's happiness in the end.

When Dev arranged their wedding the previous time, he was the one who planned every single thing in that house. Sona did not even have much say in it, back then. But now, he decided that Sonakshi would have her own dream wedding. He gave her the freedom to do whatever she wanted. No matter what she chose, he accepted it wholeheartedly.

Dev was not surprised when she opted for a simple ceremony which consisted lesser than thirty people. She had strictly restricted the guest list with only one media channel being allowed inside. The wedding was held in a small chalet with minimum guests. Arjun, Asha and Tara were all contented with Sona's decision. Dev was mostly relieved, just to see Sona returning back to her normal self. His happiness lies on her most of the time. When he realised that she no longer held any pain in regards to the marriage topic, he felt so relieved.

Sonakshi tried her best to bring her grandparents to London. However due to illness and distance problems, they constantly rejected her offer. Only relatives and close friends were invited, with of course Vikram missing in action. Sona had no idea where he went or what happened to him. Dev too did not seem to be bothered about him.

Finally, it was their big day. Tara and Elena were helping Sona with her ankle-length, beautiful, white-customised dress.

Sonakshi looked at the full-length mirror and sighed for the infinite time. She felt as if her heart was going to burst inside her chest. Looking at her own reflection, she recalled so many memories that were associated with her marriage. Now, she wasn't wearing a designer lehenga like the old time. However, even this simple dress made her feel so over-the-top.

"I think this dress is just so grand." She mouthed and Elena almost fainted.

"What the heck??? If this is called grand, then my mother's outfit is considered a bridal wear!" she huffed angrily, slapping Sona's shoulder.

Sona frowned again and stared at the mirror.

This time, she decided to go with a normal evening gown with minimal work on it. Sona chose to wear the simplest gown much to Dev's displeasure. However, Dev agreed without much option. He understood that Sona's fears were still real and she wanted the marriage more for her security than traditional reasons. The marriage meant a lot to her more than what others had expected.

Sona's thoughts lingered from her makeup to her dress again. Was she going to gain too much attention?

"Sona! I am talking to you. Are you even listening to me?" Tara asked suddenly and Sona jolted from her reverie. She blinked at Tara multiple times and shook her head.

"What were you saying? I am sorry... I was not paying attention." Sona spoke apologetically and Tara frowned at her.

"Sona, you are a bride. Can you at least show some enthusiasm like a bride? Don't stand like a statue.... I mean, what's wrong with you yaar? Is it some nervous-breakdown?" Tara questioned curiously, making Sona sigh.

Before Sona could reply, Elena interjected.

"Forget about nervousness. What's with this dress, huh? Can't you choose a brighter colour, Sona? Why so pale and simple....? I mean, it's your wedding yaar. You know...you are so gifted with the perfect figure and beauty. I don't understand why you don't want to make full use of it. Do you know that the lehenga you wore in your previous wedding ceremony? That was so beautiful!!!" Elena exclaimed and Sona smiled at her.