💎Chapter 59💎 - Breaking Barriers

"Sona... are you thinking about what the Amla ji said?" Asha asked while she was cutting the vegetables.

Finally, the guests had left and the ladies had resumed back to cooking. Tara had gone to rest in her room, leaving both Asha and Sona in the kitchen.

Sona had a faraway look and it somehow bothered Asha very much. She knew that Sona must be drained and worried, so she decided to leave the topic aside. Asha did not even know if she was allowed to question Sona about her worries. She didn't want to cause unnecessary problems.

However, ever since Tara's relatives left, Asha couldn't help but feel disturbed. Tara's aunts really managed to throw Sonakshi here and there like a football. Their questions were never ending and it really started annoying everyone after a point. Tara tried her best to shut them up, but her efforts went in vain. If Arjun was not there to handle things, Asha did not know how that day would have passed.

It just made Asha realise that, the past was never gone from their lives. Sona and Dev could have moved on. But their wedding chaos and nightmares would still follow them wherever they go. It was like a stain on their lives.

People were still doubtful if they were married or not. Modern couples did not care, but their relatives who were religious and traditional cared too much about the marriage and traditions.

Dev did not bother about others opinion. But if everyone badmouthed behind, it would only affect the future generation, which would include Simi and Arjun's future child too.

Asha was aware that the mistake was not just made from one side. Everyone had a part in it and everyone should be bearing the consequences of the pain today. However, Sonakshi seemed to be the one who was always on the receiving end. She faced more questions than anybody else in that house.

Just that fact, made Asha feel uneasy and remorseful. She felt clueless when she was faced with such situations.

"Sonakshi, about Amla ji... Tara told me that she's always like that. Just don't take it to heart. I know its distressing to hear it again and again, but we can't help to what people think, right?" Asha spoke softly and saw Sonakshi's jerking away from her reverie.

Sona was alarmed by Asha's thoughts actually. Because this time, she was not thinking about Amla maasi. Her thoughts were all revolving around Vikram's words and the terrifying truth about the person he loves. Vikram's words still rung in her ears as though he was talking to her.

"Maa..." Sona smiled at Asha warmly, "I was not thinking about that. Don't worry, I am fine. I am used to such questions and I know they don't mean any harm. At least they were upfront to me about their questions. There are some people who talk behind us.... They are the more dangerous ones." Sona replied casually, making Asha sigh in relief.

"So, you are not upset?" she asked and Sona giggled.

"Not at all... Just feeling a little amused at how Tara's relatives are so hyped about. They even decided about the diet and food she's going to take every trimester. The hand-made medicines and ayurvedic herbals they recommended....... It just..." Sona chuckled and shook her head.

"It just?"

"It just makes me feel that I have neglected Simi's pregnancy too much. Silly me..." She agreed and Asha's eyes widened.

"Umm... What do you mean by neglected?" she asked and Sona sighed.

"You know..."

"No, I don't Sona. And I don't think neglect is the right word to be used."

"I stopped taking care of myself. Seeing everyone pampering Tara and telling her how precious of a blessing a pregnancy is, I somehow recalled my own pregnancy. It was my fault that I didn't value what I had... I was so miserable and exhausted every single day. I could have come back and asked for help. But my pain blocked my senses. I made my own life miserable. My operation could have been avoided if I had taken care of myself better. I don't know why, but I just feel like it's all my fault. Guess I am just unlucky in life." Sona chuckled and resumed her work while Asha looked at her sympathetically.