💎Chapter 32💎 - Catastrophe

"Swear on me.... Is he okay?"

The sentence just blew away all the energy from her body and mind, making her wonder how many times a heart could shatter this way.

He somehow hinted about his doubts the day he started this topic at his private office. Why didn't she suspect that this situation would rise sooner?

How? Why?

So many questions arose in her mind. How could she be so stupid? Of course, Dev would ask this! If it was anybody's fault today, then it was only hers.... Sona's worst fear became true when Dev looked at her right into his eyes. This was what she tried to explain Asha... but Asha never heard her reasons.

The way Dev stared into her eyes, touched deep inside her soul. It made her feel vulnerable. Her palms on his head shivered uncontrollably. She felt powerless and incapable....

What else did they expect? That he would forget Tarun with the memory loss? Asha was so wrong when she said that she was seeing her son happy. He was never happy without Tarun. Somewhere along the way, he found out about their miserable lies even before they could protect it further.

Sona yanked her hands back harshly away from his head. She shook her head left and right with shock. She looked at him like she had seen a ghost. Her expressions gave away the helplessness and fear that she was surrounded with.

Devastation consumed Sonakshi. She placed her hand on her chest and fisted the blouse harshly... Seeing Dev's determination, a part of her panicked. No...no...no

Dev was aware of every lie even before they executed their plans. How did they forget that Dev was a smart person? Even Arjun believed that Dev wouldn't guess about Tarun? How? They were all plainly dumb to think that they could run their lives with the lies!

Dev wasn't that oblivious. He was hundred times more aware of his surroundings then anyone can ever be.

"I can't swear on you..... Not for anything or anyone." Sona stated with wide eyes. Her voice choked, seeing Dev's eyes turning bloodshot.

"My question was very simple..... It was just a statement, of whether my brother is fine or not. How difficult can it be to not promise?" Dev asked, without batting an eyelid.

"It's not about your question. I just can't promise on you... I almost lost you in this accident and I can't risk your life, even if it's for a joke!" Sona spat, brushing angry tears away from her eyes.

That answer only made Dev chuckle humourlessly. Sonakshi sensed a negativity radiating from the laughter. This wasn't going to end good.

"Dev-"

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BROTHER?" this time his voice spat like a venom. His tone was sharp and harsh, making Sona wince a little.

The poison in his tone, spread throughout her body like a forest fire. Just a minute ago, he was lying on her lap, asking her innocent questions. What happened to that guy? Their positions just changed in a flicker of seconds. He was now sitting infront of her, with devastation in his eyes. He had the determination to find out the truth at any cost.

Sona saw pure agony behind his angry orbs. She understood his anger more than anything. It was only reasonable that he got angry now.

"Dev, please... relax. Let me explain to you in detail. We can talk about this."

"No, we can't. I asked you what you were hiding that day in my private mansion. But even then, you didn't acknowledge the real problem. You told me about everything else other than my brother. You even spoke about our broken wedding..... but somewhere, the pieces are missing. My brother can't possibly miss my wedding, right? He wasn't in the pictures of Arjun's wedding too.... Do you really think I am that stupid?" Dev spat and Sona clenched her eyes shut.