💎Chapter 54💎- Understanding You

Dead.

That was the exactly how Dev was feeling.

Dev felt his heartbeat thudding irregularly after a long time. He did not know what exactly was wrong, but something made him panic. His frustrations got the worst out of him until it started reaching his head. The minute his head started hurting, he knew that he was stressing himself beyond his limits.

He did not know how to express it or who to find for when he felt this way. He was just lost.

The minute Sonakshi started speaking to him, something inside him snapped. He was so angry.... Angry at the world, angry at himself and angry at everyone around him.

Sonakshi didn't recall when they left the wedding abruptly. All she could remember was, Dev's quick decision of leaving. The next thing she knew, he already informed his friend and found his way out of the hall. Throughout the journey, Dev's reactions were unpredictable. Sonakshi did not dare to speak a word in the car. Dev did not even spare a look at her or bothered to ask about her thoughts.

Sonakshi felt powerless seeing him that way. She was unsure on what to do in order to make him feel better.

The minute they reached their house, Dev excused himself to the room without meeting anyone. Asha was startled when she saw Dev storming inside the house angrily. He didn't even spare a look at Simi who was playing in the hall. It was not the first time she was seeing him this way. She exactly knew when he would behave like this.

"Dev... wait" Sonakshi ran behind him, but Dev was fast to skip up the stairs. Before even Asha could register, he was gone from everyone's sight.

"Sonakshi..." Asha strode fast towards Sona who looked panic-ridden. All the blood from her face was drawn, making her look pale.

"Maa?" Sonakshi breathed, as though she was catching for air.

"What's wrong... Why does he look so tensed?" Asha asked worriedly.

Sona was so tensed that she did not know what to answer as well. She never knew Dev would react so violently to her answer. If she had known, she would have kept her mouth shut. This whole wedding was a surprise to her.

She had expected the opposite to happen. She thought that it would be her, who would receive a panic-attack when she saw a wedding happening. But never in a thousand years, she expected Dev to feel the way he was feeling now. She just couldn't figure out what exactly went wrong.

"I am not sure maa.... I mean...w-we went to the wedding. When the marriage started, the tension was thick. But.... I don't know what happened in the middle. He suddenly got worked up... I think.... Well maybe... I have a feeling that he got reminded about Tarun." She finally spit those words which she was struggling to say.

Yes, he definitely got reminded of Tarun. She had to know Dev enough to interpret that he got reminded of his brother. Dev never reacted violently to anything else except his brother. The minute Sonakshi said that, Asha's face paled in fright.

"Did you say something?" Asha asked, not because of her doubt on Sona. But she really did not know what else to ask at that time. It just came out from her mouth like a normal question.

"Can you stop asking me as if I made him angry? Can't you see that I am paranoid as well.... Do I look happy? Do I look like I am finding ways to hurt him or something? Tell me?" Sonakshi snapped as soon as she heard Asha ask her that question.

She was just sick of that question. It was tiring and emotionally hurting.

She was dreading Dev's anger every moment. She tried her best to keep herself calm throughout the drive back home. She had enough of being the nice person. She was done with it. All she wanted was a solution at that moment. Not a constant question if she was the one behind Dev's anger.