💎Chapter 26💎 - Sonakshi's Plight

Taking the cast saw in her hand, Sona cut the cast in a neat line carefully. Dev felt a sharp sensation near his neck and his hands clutched the pillow nearby tightly. Sona's eyeballs moved towards his fist and Dev was sure she felt his pain. But her eyes showed no reaction, almost as if she was expecting it.

Applying a cold gel on the affected area, she slowly removed the neck cast with care. She totally ignored the prying eyes of Dev and continued working. Dev was having a hard time keeping his thoughts together.

He kept telling himself that he was infatuated with her only because he was seeing her a lot more than any other girls. But he was so wrong. When she wasn't around, his body and mind automatically started missing her. She never had to force her presence around him.

"Sona, you know something? Actually-"

"Don't distract my work!" she cut him off and focused back on her work.

Dev frowned and kept looking at her. He felt so bored and awkward to just sit there without doing anything.

When Sona bent down and worked on the wound on his neck, he couldn't help but breathe in deeply. He had to force his eyes to shift away from looking at the view inside her blouse which hung dangerously low. His fingers pained from being clutched so hardly.

He closed his eyes so tightly to distract his perverted brain. Poor Sonakshi is aiding you fool. What the heck are you even thinking. Try to think of ice cream....no no, not ice-cream. Maybe some cool exotic locations you want to travel and maybe relaxing there....with Sona? No not with Sona! Urghhh.

"Dev, are you okay? Is it that painful?" Sona's voice side-tracked him as she saw his eyes clenched so tightly. She got worried seeing his face contorting painfully. She was pretty sure she was doing her job well. He should not be feeling any pain.

"Um... no. I just prefer my eyes closed for some time. It's like a yoga...." He smiled, looking at her eyes. Dare you look down!

"Okay..." Sona answered unsure. Dev's eyes slowly moved down her lips and he gulped painfully.

Watching at her from such a close angle needed so much self-discipline. His restrains were breaking and he kept telling himself to calm himself. After all there were so many girls who he could always reach out with just one look! Yea right.

This feeling was different. His insane attraction and bodily reactions were astonishing his own self. What the fuck is wrong with you dude?

Sona straightened herself and thankfully, she adjusted her blouse before kneeling down to his level again.

Taking a scissors, she cut off the adhesive bandages inside and took another cream to apply there. Dev felt very uneasy just sitting there and trying to ignore the smell of her strong scent. She was just too close and he could not ignore her presence.

When she moved closer, Dev inhaled her strong floral fragrance and his mind switched to another image.

"Ouch.." Dev clutched his head and Sona flinched. She gasped and saw Dev's paranoid reaction.

Dev stoned as he recalled inhaling the fragrance many times before. A few black and white images flashed and he felt himself perspiring heavily. He wanted to know his flashbacks.

He instantly yanked Sonakshi by her wrists, making her fall on top of him. He circled his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. Sona's eyes widened.

"Dev, what the hell. I haven't finished...." She yelled, but his numb expressions quietened her.

Dev moved closer and brushed his nose on the crook of her neck. Sonakshi squirmed as she felt thousands of butterflies raging a war inside her stomach.