💎Chapter 4💎- Self Destruction

"Paapaaa...paaa..paa"

Sona winced when Simi muttered his name during her sleep. She gulped hard and stared at Simi with wide eyes, not knowing what to do. As she placed her hands on Simi's forehead, the child slowly stirred and opened her eyes. Once her eyes were fully opened, Sona noticed the shock that was registered in the little one's orbs.

She was totally amused.

She blinked and yawned tiredly. But soon her expressions changed, and those tiny lips formed into a sad pout. Sona already knew that her little girl was going to cry, but she didn't expect it this soon.

It only took five seconds for Simi to burst out into tears when a new face was registered in her brain.

Shock was a small word to describe Sona's turmoil. She was depressed when her child burst into tears when their eyes connected. It was like a hysterical cry, that made Sona panic. She felt like a part of her was shattered when Simi refused to come into her arms. The other thing that bothered her was Simi's burning skin. The child was definitely not feeling well.

"Shhh... its okay. Mummy is here... come here sweetheart." She cooed, but Simi refused to listen to her mother. She held her blankets tightly and started wheezing due to her unstoppable cries.

Seeing her, Sonakshi got agitated. She didn't know how to help Simi when she was being like that.

That's when realisation hit her. Her own child was refusing to recognise her. Simi failed to identify her own mother's touch. Sona had been there to breastfeed her child for more than seven months.... But those were when Simi was too young. Maybe now she was old enough to recognise faces and during this crucial period, Sonakshi was never there.

And the only reason behind this was.... Dev.

The child started wailing loudly, making Dev dash inside the room too. Before he could do anything, Sona scooped Simi in her arms and cradled her carefully. But the more she tried, the more Simi's cries increased. Dev's heart raced as his hands itched out to take his child in his arms.

But he stopped himself at the right moment. He knew that he couldn't interfere when Sonakshi was holding the baby.

He was in dilemma as Sona struggled to handle the little girl by herself. Anything he did now, would be considered wrong. Simi's cries echoed throughout the room as she trashed her legs and hands stubbornly to escape free from Sona.

"Sona, let me handle-"

"Is she not well? Why didn't you tell me?" Sonakshi spat angrily, ignoring his questions. Dev's brows joined together in a frown.

"Oh... you mean, I was allowed to speak to you?" he asked sarcastically.

"Don't you dare use that tone. What happened to Simran? Why wasn't I informed?"

"Sonakshi, she has not been eating well last two days. It's nothing serious-"

"You don't tell me what's serious and what's not! How would you know the seriousness? HOW? You never know what the other person is thinking or feeling. It was always about your gut feeling and instinct." Sonakshi said in a menacing tone, that made Dev keep quiet.

One side, the child's tears were breaking him and another side, Sona's anger was making him insane.

"Please Sona, don't yell in front of the kid. You will scare her." He hushed, making Sona grit her teeth. She was already frustrated that the child wasn't staying in her arms and Dev's words fuelled her anger even further.

"Don't tell me what to do! And don't stay here... leave!" she screamed, facing the child.

"Simi..... look here darling. Nothing's wrong..... I am here." Sona whispered again almost in a silent plea, but Simi trashed in her arms and refused to stay there. Fat tears rolled down her chubby cheeks as Sona tried pacifying her.